PINE64
PineTime CE conformity - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+--- Thread: PineTime CE conformity (/showthread.php?tid=15607)

PineTime CE conformity - pt1 - 12-25-2021

Hello,

it seems that the PineTime currently is not conforming to EU regulations. It's a pity because all that is missing is probably just a bit of paperwork. Do you think there is a way to contact Pine Microsystems Inc. and help them reach the last 5% that are currently missing to reach CE conformity?

Background: I had ordered a PineTime DevKit to Germany. It never reached me because customs had complaints about conformity. I had contacted sales, but so far I do not yet see a way forward, either to get a "fixed" DevKit or getting my money back. I would clearly prefer to get the DevKit.

What is needed to get EU conformity: There is a "CE" sticker on the manual, but that is not enough. As far as I understand it, you need a CE label on the device, probably both on the watch and the charger. In addition to the "CE", there needs to be a declaration for identification (type or similar) and declaration of the manufacturer. Something like:

CE
Manufacturer: Pine Microsystems Inc
Type: PineTime Charger v1.0

And there should be piece of paper included in the package, that is called declaration of conformity, and it needs to clearly identify the vendor, the watch and list the standards, probably

Safety: EN60950-1:2006+A11:2009+A1:2010+A12:2011+A2:2013
Health: EN62479:2010
EMC: ETSI EN 301 489-1 V2.1.1 (2017-02), ETSI EN 301 489-17 V3.1.1 (2017-02)
Radio: ETSI EN 300 328 V2.1.1 (2016-11)

The standards are what I got from sales, but from a verification of conformity, not from a declaration of conformity. And it did not not clearly refer to the PineTime. And It was not included in the package.

I know that EU bureaucracy can be very annoying, but improving PineTime paperwork would make a huge difference in user experience. As I said, customs did not let the watch through to me. With 4 additional labels and 1 piece of paper in the PineTime DevKit, I would probably be playing with my brandnew swartwatch now.

Best regards
pt1

RE: PineTime CE conformity - pt1 - 03-05-2022

After sending an e-mail to sales again, I got a refund.
However, I do not know if the conformity issues have been resolved.

Maybe some of you have recently received a watch and can tell me if it has a CE sticker now.

Oh, and in case you wonder: No, it was not hard to get my money back. The whole thing probably took so long because I was trying to get the watch, instead of the money. Wink

RE: PineTime CE conformity - pt1 - 08-30-2022

After several months I tried again to get the PineTime DevKit. This time I actually got it without complaits from customs.

CE is now printed on the back of the watch. I did not find CE printed on the charger and I did not find a printed certificate of conformity. So pine64 has improved its conformity to EU regulations and it was good enough that customs did not complain.