PINE64
Pine phone keyboard ? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Accessories (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: Pine phone keyboard ? (/showthread.php?tid=14789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - bcnaz - 12-12-2021

(12-05-2021, 11:39 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Perhaps they will release the keyboard about the time the next Monthly update comes out  December 15th  ?

Last chance for it to be released "This Year".

Any News,  Anyone ?

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - bcnaz - 12-14-2021

Today is December 14th,

So the Monthly report comes out on the 15th,

Last Chance to open sales on the keyboards and the New Pinephone Pro for the 2021 Season !

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - kqlnut - 12-14-2021

(12-12-2021, 09:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Any News,  Anyone ?

From Telegram on December 3rd:
Quote:Its coming this month - in the hands of the vendor now to get the membrane 'right'. By right I mean - evenly sensitive across the entire keyboard. Turns out that, in such a small keyboard, its actually not completely trivial

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - bcnaz - 12-15-2021

I saw something similar in the November monthly update.

But Nothing since then.

While I am very impatiently waiting for the P.P.Pro. and a new phone keyboard, ** I would understand them delaying sales if there are still problems.

BUT, it is the silence I have a hard time with.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - HLing - 12-27-2021

(12-15-2021, 12:08 AM)bcnaz Wrote: I saw something similar in the November monthly update.

But Nothing since then.

While I am very impatiently waiting for the P.P.Pro.  and a new phone keyboard,  **  I would understand them delaying sales if there are still problems.

BUT,  it is the silence I have a hard time with.

I was excited to read that the keyboard is ready, but all i saw at the store is the USB keyboard.  Is there another place to check for updates?

Looking forward...

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - Merc - 12-28-2021

They're holding the keyboard hostage until they can release the PinePhone Pro at the same, God forbid their new customers be made to wait a single day like OG PinePhone users have been waiting for half a year. Maybe they'll give them a special coupon code that gives them first dibs.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - Lord Windy - 12-29-2021

(12-28-2021, 04:47 AM)Merc Wrote: They're holding the keyboard hostage until they can release the PinePhone Pro at the same, God forbid their new customers be made to wait a single day like OG PinePhone users have been waiting for half a year. Maybe they'll give them a special coupon code that gives them first dibs.

I'm disappointed to but I think Hanlon's razor applies here.

I bought the Pinephone when they announced the Keyboard because I wanted a very mobile PC. My peak disappointment came around September/October when the delays became monthly.

I don't really understand Pine64, but my guess is that this is a side project or somebodies dream and underestimated the difficulty in making a keyboard. If you look at hobby keyboards they are all those clicker buttons or a cheap tiny bluetooth keyboard glued onto the phone. I think this shows us why, just constant delays and problems. I personally don't understand why they didn't say some time way in the future and bring the date forward since you end up in this situation where a bunch of people are starting to get cranky over the delays. Hopefully when they do a postmortem that will be the big thing discussed.

1st of February is the start of Chinese new year so my guess is there will be another delay into February.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - bcnaz - 01-01-2022

OK

SO NO Keyboard in 2021 !

DARN

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - VaZso - 01-01-2022

It seems they have sent out an update e-mail around noon (GMT) today.

The keyboard is available to purchase.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - HLing - 01-01-2022

(01-01-2022, 06:59 AM)VaZso Wrote: It seems they have sent out an update e-mail around noon (GMT) today.

The keyboard is available to purchase.

Thanks for the heads  up, VaZso! I  just ordered mine. I'm concerned that i did not get the update e-mail, but glad  to  be  informed here. Also glad  that  it will work with Mobian.  What a nice New Year's Day news!