PINE64
Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread (/showthread.php?tid=11959)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - dariomk - 11-14-2020

Arrived! I have been waiting for this device for a very long time, about 10 years :-)
the update went smoothly Manjaro beta2.
I feel like after the first installation red hat 7 on my intel PC.
Wifi working, terminal working,web browser working (a little unstable) I don't know what else should be :-)

Joke aside, pinephone hope you succeed, keep working. At this rate, it is possible that we have a sufficiently stable OS&hardware in a year.

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - KNERD - 11-14-2020

(11-14-2020, 06:14 AM)dariomk Wrote: Arrived! I have been waiting for this device for a very long time, about 10 years :-)
I feel like after the first installation red hat 7 on my intel PC.
Wifi working, terminal working,web browser working (a little unstable) I don't know what else should be :-)

Joke aside, pinephone hope you succeed, keep working. At this rate, it is possible that we have a sufficiently stable OS&hardware in a year.

Did you just update it, or Flash it?

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - dariomk - 11-14-2020

(11-14-2020, 11:11 AM)KNERD Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 06:14 AM)dariomk Wrote: Arrived! I have been waiting for this device for a very long time, about 10 years :-)
I feel like after the first installation red hat 7  on my intel PC.
Wifi working, terminal working,web browser working (a little unstable)  I don't know what else should be :-)

Did you just update it, or Flash it?
Yust update by software app.

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - zer0sig - 11-17-2020

Mine arrived yesterday! Charged it up, messed around a bit and things appeared to work fine in Manjaro. Haven't put a SIM card in to test that yet. Will probably be burning one of those multiboot ISOs soon to play with.

Mine didn't update at first, complaining about another instance running. Looks like the update was running but crashed. Removed the lockfile and ran it from terminal and everything appared to go okay. It didn't immediately boot correctly but when I cycled again it was normal.

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - KNERD - 11-17-2020

(11-17-2020, 03:03 PM)zer0sig Wrote: Mine arrived yesterday! Charged it up, messed around a bit and things appeared to work fine in Manjaro. Haven't put a SIM card in to test that yet. Will probably be burning one of those multiboot ISOs soon to play with.

Mine didn't update at first, complaining about another instance running. Looks like the update was running but crashed. Removed the lockfile and ran it from terminal and everything appared to go okay. It didn't immediately boot correctly but when I cycled again it was normal.

It seems with Manjaro you have to put manually put in the APN. I did a software update, and now the software center is broken.

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - rocket2nfinity - 11-17-2020

I noticed this as well. But you can still update and install packages via terminal

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - Saliency - 11-18-2020

Hi @Luke  could we get a shipping update when you have a chance! (I ordered a  Manjaro convergence edition pinephone on Nov 1 and am still awaiting a shipping notification.)

Thank you!

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - Ramanathan - 11-18-2020

@Luke  I ordered my Manjaro community edition with convergence on November 5th from India but have not received any shipping details.

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - pcvonz - 11-18-2020

I'm in the same boat. No shipping notification and I ordered mine Nov 5th.

RE: Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread - greghen - 11-18-2020

hello all__I'm new to this board so please bear with my ineptitude__I ordered Pinephone Manjaro CE on Nov. 2__I was emailed receipt but no news since__just wondering when and what to expect__any hints?