PINE64

Full Version: PB charge current
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know the charge current of the PB? Is this set it SW or HW and has anyone tried to change it? I don't want to stress the battery beyond it's max C rating but it would be cool to get a higher charge current.
I haven't measured the battery charge current, but overall current consumption for a 14" Pinebook is about 11 watts when charging. This was measured on the 12V side of a 12V->5v converter which would have some conversion overhead so actual consumption would be just a bit less.

I'm really curious what the consumption/current draw looks like for the Pinebook Pro.
(02-23-2019, 07:27 AM)PatrickM Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't measured the battery charge current, but overall current consumption for a 14" Pinebook is about 11 watts when charging. This was measured on the 12V side of a 12V->5v converter which would have some conversion overhead so actual consumption would be just a bit less.

I'm really curious what the consumption/current draw looks like for the Pinebook Pro.

Yeah me to. Apparently it's going to be USB-C using PD mode.