PINE64

Full Version: Chromium?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thanks for figuring that out, works like a charm... http://i.imgur.com/9ZbYZjU.png
I just used it to play a youtube video, full-screen and it was almost flawless. Thanks!
(07-09-2016, 03:31 PM)psychedup Wrote: [ -> ]I just used it to play a youtube video, full-screen and it was almost flawless. Thanks!

480p or 720p ?
(07-09-2016, 05:41 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2016, 03:31 PM)psychedup Wrote: [ -> ]I just used it to play a youtube video, full-screen and it was almost flawless. Thanks!

480p or 720p ?

That was at 720p. The picture was a little jumpy here and there, but I was surprised at how viewable it was.

I tried again at 1080p and it was not nearly as smooth. So stick to 720p for now.
Sounds pretty good to me for no hardware acceleration at all there...
Thanks guys! I tried it and it's not bad. It will be easier to wait for hardware acceleration now Wink
(07-08-2016, 07:56 AM)Prophesi Wrote: [ -> ]Edit #2: 
Successfully installed! Here are the steps:
1. Download chromium_51.0.2704.63-2.2linarojessie1_arm64.deb from this page. (It's near the bottom of the list)
2. Open your terminal and cd into wherever it downloaded ( most likely `cd ~/Downloads` )
3. Run `sudo gdebi chro*` to install chromium along with its dependencies
4. Now you can run it whenever with `chromium --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox`

Optional: Make a shortcut alias command for `chromium --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox`
1. Run `alias chrome='chromium --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox'`
2. Now you can just run `chrome &` to boot up chrome in a background process with the required flag

Hi there! Would anyone have any idea why, when I change directory to Downloads, then run "sudo gdebi chro*" I get this error: sudo: gdebi: command not found

Thank you Smile
(07-15-2016, 12:10 PM)cantcode Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2016, 07:56 AM)Prophesi Wrote: [ -> ]Edit #2: 
Successfully installed! Here are the steps:
1. Download chromium_51.0.2704.63-2.2linarojessie1_arm64.deb from this page. (It's near the bottom of the list)
2. Open your terminal and cd into wherever it downloaded ( most likely `cd ~/Downloads` )
3. Run `sudo gdebi chro*` to install chromium along with its dependencies
4. Now you can run it whenever with `chromium --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox`

Optional: Make a shortcut alias command for `chromium --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox`
1. Run `alias chrome='chromium --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox'`
2. Now you can just run `chrome &` to boot up chrome in a background process with the required flag

Hi there! Would anyone have any idea why, when I change directory to Downloads, then run "sudo gdebi chro*" I get this error: sudo: gdebi: command not found

Thank you Smile

Because you don't have "gdebi" installed.

sudo apt-get install gdebi
(07-15-2016, 12:13 PM)Monochrome Wrote: [ -> ]Because you don't have "gdebi" installed.

And... now you know how much experience I have with Linux!!!

(twice as much as yesterday!)
(07-15-2016, 01:08 PM)cantcode Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2016, 12:13 PM)Monochrome Wrote: [ -> ]Because you don't have "gdebi" installed.

And... now you know how much experience I have with Linux!!!

(twice as much as yesterday!)

No worries. I'm also not an expert. Glad I could help Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7