PINE64

Full Version: Clusterboard MicroUSB, LEDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, 

my Clusterboard works great, however, I'm wondering about two things.

The various LEDs: Each slot has two LEDs near the network chip and one LED at the edge of the board. The latter one might be disk activity (?). Also, each board has an LED and the Clusterboard also has another LED near the ATX power connector.

The MicroUSB-Ports: They do not seem to be standard usb host ports; can they be used in armbian?

Regards
The two LEDs near the GbE PHY are the normal PHY LEDs you would have on a normal magjack/RJ47 socket, they can be configured via RTL8211E registers. The LED at the board edge it the 'System' LED you can use for whatever you want basically, e.g. heartbeat and is connected to PL7 GPIO as on the normal Pine64 boards... the LED on top of the SOPine module is the power LED for the AXP803 PMIC and just signals that it's primary input voltage is OK... the LED near the power connector is just a fixed power LED...

As for the USB ports, on Linux both are host ports... the USB-A is connected to USB0 and the micro-USB-A is connected to USB1, both are configured in host mode. You can use the micro-USB port with a host port adapter like for phones with micro-A ports...
(02-28-2018, 10:45 AM)xalius Wrote: [ -> ]The two LEDs near the GbE PHY are the normal PHY LEDs you would have on a normal magjack/RJ47 socket, they can be configured via RTL8211E registers. The LED at the board edge it the 'System' LED you can use for whatever you want basically, e.g. heartbeat and is connected to PL7 GPIO as on the normal Pine64 boards... the LED on top of the SOPine module is the power LED for the AXP803 PMIC and just signals that it's primary input voltage is OK... the LED near the power connector is just a fixed power LED...

As for the USB ports, on Linux both are host ports... the USB-A is connected to USB0 and the micro-USB-A is connected to USB1, both are configured in host mode. You can use the micro-USB port with a host port adapter like for phones with micro-A ports...

Thank you for the detailed explaination!

Per default mode, the PHY LEDs also blink when there are no boards inserted; this is why I initially did not think they were PHY LEDs. For the System LED I found /sys/class/leds/system_status where "echo 0 > brightness" will turn off; value 1 will turn on. :-) Also, "cat trigger" shows various triggers.

Regards