PINE64

Full Version: how to flash recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my rock64 with ayufan's android 7.1.2 atv . 
I can't find any about install zip from sdcard when in recovery mode.

menu image for recovery mode  :
=====
Android Recovery
Android/rock64_atv/rk3328_box
7.1.2/NHG47K/86
userdebug/test-keys
Use volume up/down and power.
-----------------------------------------
Reboot system now 
reboot to bootloader 
apply update from adb
apply update from SD card
wipe data/factory reset 
wipe cache partition
mount /system
view recovery logs
run graphics test
power off
-----------------------------------------

is there  no "install zip from sdcard" option? who can help me ?
Happened to me. Once the recovery menu displayed, I couldn't figure out a key combination to get out of the menu or navigate within the menu. I googled Android recovery menu and found a list of key commands including volume up/down and others but there was no response from the keyboard or mouse connected to the Rock64. Unfortunately, no one had any advice so I had to reload the eMMC and start over.
Any update on the matter? How to navigate in the recovery?
I thought the buttons on the board navigate the recovery menu? i believe only one works you quick press to cycle threw the options then long press till it turns green then it selects that option

BUT, i thought you can restart threw the system in the settings? "storage&reset"

When i try it i get a rainbow spinning circle just like when you first boot for the first time so i believe this is a sort of reflash from a "recovery partition" on the storage that is compressed because after the reset it again takes a bit to start back up. ide do it that way