PINE64

Full Version: Overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have this , but going to put two these like this and this and I saw that on the back side of Pine A64 there are also two chips, they need heatsinks, too?
(06-25-2016, 01:21 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]I have this , but going to put two these like this and this and I saw that on the back side of Pine A64 there are also two chips, they need heatsinks, too?

The two chips at the back of teh Pine A64 2GB board are DDR3 SDRAM chip. In general, there is no need heatsink per manufacturer datasheet.
(06-25-2016, 01:21 PM)Pepe Wrote: [ -> ]I have this , but going to put two these like this and this and I saw that on the back side of Pine A64 there are also two chips, they need heatsinks, too?

The two chips at the back of teh Pine A64 2GB board are DDR3 SDRAM chip. In general, there is no need heatsink per manufacturer datasheet.
Which command gets you the current clock speed and with which command can you change the clock speed?

PS Why don't we make a fork of raspi-config called pine64-config for these kind of things?
(10-27-2016, 05:18 AM)Pander Wrote: [ -> ]Which command gets you the current clock speed and with which command can you change the clock speed?

PS Why don't we make a fork of raspi-config called pine64-config for these kind of things?

CPU clock speeds? 

To get the current clock speed:

sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq

To alter the current minimum and maximum frequencies (sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies to see valid options):

echo 480000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_min_freq
echo 1152000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq

To change the CPU governor (sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors to see available governors):

echo interactive | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

On the pine64-config front, Terra854 has been busy putting together exactly that. I had a quick look at it, and it seems like a solid start to a useful config tool for the pine64. I did encounter a bug on the DietPi debian distro where it wouldn't install cpufrequitils in order to have a nice tool to change the cpu govenour, but you can fix that easily by running apt install cpufrequtils.
Pages: 1 2 3