PINE64

Full Version: PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it was working when I received it, can't remember if it had towboot or what installed, but my dumbass played around with Balena Etcher and flashed a image I forgot whether it was too the sdcard or pinephone in blue led mode,

Then it turned on paperweight mode and I don't even get a colored LED indicator when charging it, when I plug it into my windows machine I get a usb chime sound and that's the only signs of life I get out of it.

I did mainly just buy it to swap out the sim card trays, but was still hoping to bring it back to life.

I can hold power and volume up forever and nothing, hit the reset pin, still nothing, put in a freshly charged battery from my pinephone pro and again nothing.
If that is an original (non-Pro) PinePhone, it will boot from microSD card before anything else, so flash the latest JumpDrive release for the PinePhone to an empty microSD card (or one whose content you are willing to permanently overwrite) and insert that into the microSD card. Then you should be able to use that to flash a working OS to the internal eMMC storage of the PinePhone from a computer.