PINE64

Full Version: The internal speaker stops working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

The internal speaker no longer works on my Pinephone, even after rebooting. I haven't updated it for several days. I assume that I broke something after trying to use an external speaker through bluetooth. The internal earpiece and the headset still work.

How can I solve my problem, preferably without reinstalling the whole system as I use my phone daily?
(01-15-2024, 02:56 AM)anonymous Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

The internal speaker no longer works on my Pinephone, even after rebooting. I haven't updated it for several days. I assume that I broke something after trying to use an external speaker through bluetooth. The internal earpiece and the headset still work.

How can I solve my problem, preferably without reinstalling the whole system as I use my phone daily?

I'd a similar Problem on Mobian Trixie some weeks ago.

Go to "SETTINGS > AUDIO or SOUND:
Chose the very first Input and set it to "Internal speaker"
Chose the second Input and set it to "Make a phone call"

HTH

Ciao
Walter
(01-15-2024, 05:10 AM)walter1950 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd a similar Problem on Mobian Trixie some weeks ago.

Go to "SETTINGS > AUDIO or SOUND:
Chose the very first Input and set it to "Internal speaker"
Chose the second Input and set it to "Make a phone call"

HTH

Ciao
Walter

Thank you. I used a similar workaround a while ago when switching to Pipewire but my current problem is different, I still have no sound.

May be I am wrong but I think the only solution is to repair. Buy a new speaker or to check the connection.
I did not that yet although one if my pinephones also has the speaker totally silent.
Have luck.
(01-15-2024, 11:57 AM)Gumur Wrote: [ -> ]

May be I am wrong but I think the only solution is to repair. Buy a new speaker or to check the connection.
I did not that yet although one if my pinephones also has the speaker totally silent.
Have luck.

Actually, there seems to be a error message indicated by dmesg that mentions a problem with bluetooth:
Code:
Bluetooth: hci0: broken local ext features page 2

I would like to determine whether it's an hardware or software problem once for all.

When I test the sound in Gnome settings, the gauge shows some blue rectangles when using the internal speaker.

As a workaround for the alarm, I use the jack plug with an external speaker.
(01-16-2024, 03:08 AM)anonymous Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2024, 11:57 AM)Gumur Wrote: [ -> ]

Have luck.

Actually, there seems to be a error message indicated by dmesg that mentions a problem with bluetooth:
Code:
Bluetooth: hci0: broken local ext features page 2

I would like to determine whether it's an hardware or software problem once for all.

When I test the sound in Gnome settings, the gauge shows some blue rectangles when using the internal speaker.

As a workaround for the alarm, I use the jack plug with an external speaker.

Just use factory test build to check out whether is hardware issue. Here is the link: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_S...test_build
walter1950 mentioned Trixie. Actually, switching from Bookworm to Trixie fixed this bug. Thank you for your help.