PINE64

Full Version: KOReader - ebook reader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm not sure if this is exactly what this forum was intended for. But it says "Software" so here's something interesting I found:

KOReader (github) is a FOSS document reader intended for E-Ink devices, but also supporting color documents on color devices. It seems pretty snappy on the #Pinetab2. Reading is the main thing I use devices of this size for, and I've been frustrated with the UI (especially for touch!) of evince/okular. KOReader seems to hold some real promise!

I installed with `flatpak install rocks.koreader.KOReader`. 

(I had to run it twice because my ancient wifi dongle seems a little flaky.)

Happy reading!
I'm going to have to try that. Calibre is a bit slower than I expected on this, and selecting a book only works with the trackpad, not the touch screen. (All the other controls seem to work with touch, just not the key one!)
I just recently updated KOReader and whenever I try to open it, it closes about 10 seconds later. Please assist.
Can only recommend koreader as one of the the most versatile e-reader applications available.

All information about it and also download links are at koreader.rocks.

Using it since a few years already on a variety of other e-ink reader devices and couldn't be happer.