PINE64

Full Version: LCD powers up but nothing is displayed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I have the LCD touchscreen that came with my pine64. I have the TP cable connected and the DSI cable connected with all pins facing down.  I also have the lcd image file downloaded from the forums that a member had linked.  I used the win32 dsk imager to burn the image to my class 10 32 gig micro sd card.

I power it up and only the lcd display is connected but when I also plug in the hdmi cable after its powered up,  everything shows up on my tv and when I touch the touchscreen I can see it respond on my tv but nothing displays on my LCD screen.  What could I be doing wrong here? Is this one defective?

Thank you
(06-19-2016, 11:48 AM)onkyo808 Wrote: [ -> ]So I have the LCD touchscreen that came with my pine64. I have the TP cable connected and the DSI cable connected with all pins facing down.  I also have the lcd image file downloaded from the forums that a member had linked.  I used the win32 dsk imager to burn the image to my class 10 32 gig micro sd card.

I power it up and only the lcd display is connected but when I also plug in the hdmi cable after its powered up,  everything shows up on my tv and when I touch the touchscreen I can see it respond on my tv but nothing displays on my LCD screen.  What could I be doing wrong here? Is this one defective?

Thank you

Please check teh DSI cable connect properly. The flat ribbon cable contact down be face down, this same as adapter bo9ard. If still cannot work, then may be either the LCD driver circuit on Pine A64 board or teh LCD Panel is defective.
(06-19-2016, 05:43 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2016, 11:48 AM)onkyo808 Wrote: [ -> ]So I have the LCD touchscreen that came with my pine64. I have the TP cable connected and the DSI cable connected with all pins facing down.  I also have the lcd image file downloaded from the forums that a member had linked.  I used the win32 dsk imager to burn the image to my class 10 32 gig micro sd card.

Thank you

Please check teh DSI cable connect properly. The flat ribbon cable contact down be face down, this same as adapter bo9ard. If still cannot work, then may be either the LCD driver circuit on Pine A64 board or teh LCD Panel is defective.

It's connected as best as I can get it.  It is face down on all connections.
Hi onkyo, what image are you using atm? If you have output on the HDMI, you cant have output on the LCD at the same time at the moment. LCD requires the matching OS image.
Did the rooted img work for you mate ? Let me know
(06-19-2016, 07:19 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Did the rooted img work for you mate ? Let me know

It did not sadly.  This time not only did the lcd screen not work.   When I plugged in the hdmi as well it also did not work.
This is very strange. Could you take a picture of how you connected everything up and post it on here ?
I don't have the LCD screen but I will ask someone from the chat (probably Prophesi if he shows up today) to burn both the 8GB imgs you tried - perhaps there is something wrong with the 8gb imgs.
(06-20-2016, 04:52 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]This is very strange. Could you take a picture of how you connected everything up and post it on here ?
I don't have the LCD screen but I will ask someone from the chat (probably Prophesi if he shows up today) to burn both the 8GB imgs you tried - perhaps there is something wrong with the 8gb imgs.

Yes I will do that as soon as I get home from work.  Thanks again for the quick responses.
Ok here are a couple of photos.   This is exactly how I have it connected with the original image you provided (non-rooted) 8 gig.  Which I was able to use the hdmi while led screen was connected.  The second photo shows how the screen is on but nothing is displayed. 

https://imgur.com/a/ba1fD

[Image: ba1fD]
(06-20-2016, 04:52 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]This is very strange. Could you take a picture of how you connected everything up and post it on here ?

Any idea what could be happening?   I posted a couple of pics.  Thank you
Pages: 1 2 3