PINE64

Full Version: LCD powers up but nothing is displayed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello

just receive my LCD panel last Week and have the same issue that LCD not working !!
Just try several images and several method (Disk32,Phoenix, pi baker...) and several card reader. I try also 3 kind of SD card
When I use Images of android for HDMI, it work very fine, also with an image for Ubuntu, debian etc...

I think there is a problem with the LCD ! can you proceed to replacement quickly please ??
(07-22-2016, 09:25 PM)Danbrack Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2016, 11:58 AM)onkyo808 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2016, 11:48 AM)Danbrack Wrote: [ -> ]I am having this same issue. I have re-downloaded the img a few times and loaded it onto the micro sd, I have a mac so I'm using apple pi baker. I put remix on my board just to make sure the board wasn't broken, it runs perfectly with remix. i have double checked all the connections, I am using the correct img. I will try to burn the image onto the sd card on a windows just to see if that will make a difference, but so far all I get is a blank screen, it is getting power though. Thanks for the help! So far I've been having a lot of fun with this project.

It turns out it was my lcd panel.  They sent me a replacement and I connected exactly as I did the first one I received and bam it booted up just fine And displayed everything and responded to touch.   It could be your panel.

(07-22-2016, 06:02 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2016, 05:32 PM)Danbrack Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2016, 11:58 AM)onkyo808 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2016, 11:48 AM)Danbrack Wrote: [ -> ]I am having this same issue. I have re-downloaded the img a few times and loaded it onto the micro sd, I have a mac so I'm using apple pi baker. I put remix on my board just to make sure the board wasn't broken, it runs perfectly with remix. i have double checked all the connections, I am using the correct img. I will try to burn the image onto the sd card on a windows just to see if that will make a difference, but so far all I get is a blank screen, it is getting power though. Thanks for the help! So far I've been having a lot of fun with this project.

It turns out it was my lcd panel.  They sent me a replacement and I connected exactly as I did the first one I received and bam it booted up just fine And displayed everything and responded to touch.   It could be your panel.

ok is that something an admin can help me with or do I need to contact support?
Please advise which Android build that you are using when try out te LCD panel. Please make sure that you are using the Android build for LCD panel: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...e_20160603
I am using the proper build. The 64gb lcd build with my 64gb sd card. I have been working on this for a few weeks now in my spare time and I tried everything and retried everything a few times over.
If you have exhausted all method and believe the LCD panel is DOA, please PM me and will make a replacement.
(07-25-2016, 04:04 AM)salmeronster Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

just receive my LCD panel last Week and have the same issue that LCD not working !!
Just try several images and several method (Disk32,Phoenix, pi baker...)  and  several card reader. I try also 3 kind of SD card
When I use Images of android for HDMI, it work very fine, also with an image for Ubuntu, debian etc...

I think there is a problem with the LCD ! can you proceed to replacement quickly please ??

Please PM me and I will proceed with replacement.
(07-25-2016, 01:02 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

Just try several images and several method (Disk32,Phoenix, pi baker...)  and  several card reader. I try also 3 kind of SD card

Hello, I am having a similar issue... I have the 2 GB ram model and the board works fine with the android via HDMI but I cannot get the LCD to boot. I see the android boot logo but it never passes that stage. I have tried two SD cards (16 GB and a 32GB). I got the Remix os to work on the same SD card but I cannot get the android LCD image to work... I am burning the image on a mac using the following command line: 
  • sudo dd bs=1m if=path_of_your_image.img of=/dev/rdiskn
Any thoughts?
(07-29-2016, 08:29 AM)Marty999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2016, 01:02 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]

Hello, I am having a similar issue... I have the 2 GB ram model and the board works fine with the android via HDMI but I cannot get the LCD to boot. I see the android boot logo but it never passes that stage. I have tried two SD cards (16 GB and a 32GB). I got the Remix os to work on the same SD card but I cannot get the android LCD image to work... I am burning the image on a mac using the following command line: 
  • sudo dd bs=1m if=path_of_your_image.img of=/dev/rdiskn
Any thoughts?

No sure why it stack on the boot up process. One possible think is the LCD panel with Pine A64 module consumes more current than standalone board and make sure the power supply current rate 2A.
I seem to be having the same problem.

I too received an LCD setup of the Pine64 A64+ board. I downloaded and created a startup instance of the android-ver5.1.1-lcd-version-20160419-pine64-phoenixCard ISO from http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...e_20160603 using the 64GB Micro SD Card download and Phoenix Card.

The TP connector is pin down and seems to be seated properly, as well as both sides of the DSI connection cable.

I am able to boot the OS and the display functions through HDMI. Connected in this way I am able to use the touch screen functionality of the LCD, but when removing the connection once running or booting without it the LCD does not display.

Based on this thread above I feel like the screen may have shipped defective, but if there is anything else I could possibly try to get it functioning, I would be happy to give anything a try. Any help would or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I always had trouble with the LCD until I powered through Euler pins, then learned in another forum that my USB cable between mains adapter and board was the culprit. Replaced it with a short and thick one and am now done.
(11-15-2016, 01:57 PM)Armbian User Wrote: [ -> ]I always had trouble with the LCD until I powered through Euler pins, then learned in another forum that my USB cable between mains adapter and board was the culprit. Replaced it with a short and thick one and am now done.

Yeah, powering the board on it's own via a MicroUSB once you start adding any peripherals isn't going to reliable unless you have a good quality / short USB cable and a properly rated 5-5.2v power supply (hence why the 5.2v white Raspberry Pi power supply is often recommended). Euler pin powering fixes the problem as you can have proper thick wires and connections and reduce the voltage sag resulting from that. All of that goes away if you have the battery connected also, but that is only mitigating the issue instead of fixing it.

If it works with the pine64 + HDMI, but not the LCD, first think to check is if you're using the correct image. Second thing to check is if the pine64 is getting enough power. The MicroSD used is always a consideration. Once you're past those checks / issues a problems then something may be really wrong.
Why different image? Should be just changing a single line in a config file. Android uses uEnv.txt and Armbian /boot/armbianEnv.txt instead.
Pages: 1 2 3