PINE64

Full Version: Sound won’t work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I lost all sound about fifteen updates ago and now when I go back to release candidate I still have no sound. Get the odd keyboard tone when I unlock but very seldom and no other sound works. I’ve used the phone maybe a week total. It seems like hardware failure and that should not happen after a week of use. Pretty disappointed
Have you tried booting a clean image of an OS version with known-working sound? I'd try that before blaming the hardware.
(07-28-2020, 07:03 AM)wibble Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried booting a clean image of an OS version with known-working sound? I'd try that before blaming the hardware.
Agreed. Much more likely a corrupted file that hasnt been rewritten since that update. Likely if the phone didnt reboot properly during that update. It might not even need a new flash if the file can be identified or if its slated for an upcoming update. But a new flash would be the quickest way to be sure.

On another sound related note, has anyone noticed that volume buttons have no effect on in-call volume? My volume remains at medium during calls no matter what i do with the buttons.