PINE64

Full Version: Remix OS-image for 32gb SD card or way to expand file size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Not sure if I've done something wrong when I installed Remix OS on my SD-card, but even though the card is 32gb, there's only like 3gb free space when Remix starts up.
Where is the rest?

Do I need a specific image, or is there a way to expand the file size?
I second this question. I have successfully booted RemixOS on the Pine64 on a 16GB MicroSD card, but I'd like to move the image to a 64GB card and expand the image to use the available space. How do I do this?
I wish to $@#$ they would post clear concise instructions on the wiki about this because this #$@$ is getting old. 

For the Android and Remix images. There are two types of image. Phoenix images and regular dd/win32diskimage images. 

If you use the Phoenix program and one of its images, it should expand the image to fill 100% of your free space. I have done it with 1GB all the way to 32GB cards.

The dd/win32diskimage images are a fixed size. You download an 8GB image its going to be an 8GB image on any card 8GB or larger. I dont think there is an easy way in android/remix to increase the partition size. The only reason these fixed size images exist is because Phoenix can be temperamental, may not work on a Mac etc.