PINE64
Android is working! - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Android is working! (/showthread.php?tid=98)

Android is working! - beard - 01-08-2016

Hello,

Last night I was testing Android out on the Pine64 1GB of RAM model,
and it was working alright. I think there might be a few things to tweak.
I was having a bit of problems with trying to get a headset to work with the 3.5MM jack.
But that's something to try for tomorrow.
I was playing The Social Network, and The Internet's Own Boy at 1080p Native, and did not have to much hiccups.
When the mouse was being moved around I notice the video would get out of sync with the audio until you stopped.
So not a big deal but something to note, and for me to play around more with.

We have a 4K TV here so I think we'll test that out tomorrow too.
To see how well the image holds up ect. 
Any suggestions on the 4K Movies / TV Shows to try?
Also before I go; I will be looking into Debian, and Fedora in the next couple days.

Take care,
~ B

RE: Android is working! - tllim - 01-09-2016

(01-08-2016, 11:36 PM)beard Wrote: Hello,

I was having a bit of problems with trying to get a headset to work with the 3.5MM jack.
I was playing The Social Network, and The Internet's Own Boy at 1080p Native, and did not have to much hiccups.
When the mouse was being moved around I notice the video would get out of sync with the audio until you stopped.

Also before I go; I will be looking into Debian, and Fedora in the next couple days.

Take care,
~ B
Hi Andrew,
Get to know that you have received your board.
The provided Android code is in beta phase and thsi version still suffer on some issue and also running a bit slow (due to debug mode turn on).  We currently in QC stage on new firmware and plan to release before we ship out the first production batch. I may have a new beta release out on end of next week and will PM you.
Here are my comments on your finding:
The 3.5mm jack detection implemented was wrong, when you plug in peadphone jack, audio will come out at HDMI port. This bug already been fixed in last week internal release.
The 4K H.264 video clip can play back but you will observe some AV sync issue, This due to decoding buffer is too small and will be fix on next week beta release.
Some 4K H.265 video clip cannot play back. This due to decoding buffer is too small and will be fix on next week beta release.
Netflix should works.
Youtiube should works.
Kodi should works.
100Mbps Ethernet works, and Gbit Ethernet still in tuning stage
Current firmware limit video output to either 720p and 1080p, the 4K output not yet add in to this firmware.

Looking forward on your Linux release

Regards,
TL Lim

RE: Android is working! - beard - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 01:15 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-08-2016, 11:36 PM)beard Wrote: Hello,

Take care,
~ B
Hi Andrew,
Get to know that you have received your board.
The provided Android code is in beta phase and thsi version still suffer on some issue and also running a bit slow (due to debug mode turn on).  We currently in QC stage on new firmware and plan to release before we ship out the first production batch. I may have a new beta release out on end of next week and will PM you.
Here are my comments on your finding:
The 3.5mm jack detection implemented was wrong, when you plug in peadphone jack, audio will come out at HDMI port. This bug already been fixed in last week internal release.
The 4K H.264 video clip can play back but you will observe some AV sync issue, This due to decoding buffer is too small and will be fix on next week beta release.
Some 4K H.265 video clip cannot play back. This due to decoding buffer is too small and will be fix on next week beta release.
Netflix should works.
Youtiube should works.
Kodi should works.
100Mbps Ethernet works, and Gbit Ethernet still in tuning stage
Current firmware limit video output to either 720p and 1080p, the 4K output not yet add in to this firmware.

Looking forward on your Linux release

Regards,
TL Lim

Thank you for this TL,
I re-sent you an email with further questions.

Take care,
~ B