PINE64
terminal application disappeared from app drawer (pmos+phosh) - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+---- Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+---- Thread: terminal application disappeared from app drawer (pmos+phosh) (/showthread.php?tid=9442)

terminal application disappeared from app drawer (pmos+phosh) - nieral - 03-16-2020

Hey!

I installed PmOS with Phosh a couple of days ago. I was planning to install pmos+phosh on the emmc, so I already installed pmbootstrap and run the init command. After a reboot the terminal application in the app drawer was gone. I can't provide details to the installation or log files (it must have been the phosh release from two days ago). pmOs 1.17.0.

Settings / Applications show the terminal app as installed.

Without the terminal app you're stuck. I tried to use a keyboard shortcut to start the command prompt, but it's not working with the software keyboard. Next I will try to access the phone via ssh and reinstall the terminal app (when I've found out how it is called).

Before this happened I installed python-pip3, gparted (which is not working) and gnome-disk-utilitiy. I don't think that this bug is related to these installations, but who knows.

Maybe someone has an idea. At the end I will flash the sd card again.

RE: terminal application disappeared from app drawer (pmos+phosh) - nieral - 03-16-2020

(03-16-2020, 01:42 PM)nieral Wrote: Hey!

I installed PmOS with Phosh a couple of days ago. I was planning to install pmos+phosh on the emmc, so I already installed pmbootstrap and run the init command.  After a reboot the terminal application in the app drawer was gone. I can't provide details to the installation or log files  (it must have been the phosh release from two days ago). pmOs 1.17.0.

Settings / Applications show the terminal app as installed.

Without the terminal app you're stuck. I tried to use a keyboard shortcut to start the command prompt, but it's not working with the software keyboard. Next I will try to access the phone via ssh and reinstall the terminal app (when I've found out how it is called).

Before this happened I installed python-pip3, gparted (which is not working) and gnome-disk-utilitiy. I don't think that this bug is related to these installations, but who knows.

Maybe someone has an idea. At the end I will flash the sd card again.

I could access the phone via ssh and reinstall "kgx" (which is king's cross terminal emulator ). It had no effect. But after I installed gnome-terminal both terminal applications appeared in the app drawer. As gnome-terminal comes with a lot dependencies I removed it -- and my terminal was gone again :-( 

Afterwards I installed "lxterminal" with the effect that "kgx" appeared again. Lxterminal did not.

So I'm still not sure what caused the problem, but a little proud to have at least the terminal back (without reinstalling everything - I'm just a linux enthusiast)

Usefull apk commands:

apk info -vv | grep terminal (to find out which terminal applications are installed on the system)

RE: terminal application disappeared from app drawer (pmos+phosh) - MartijnBraam - 03-17-2020

It's a known issue in phosh, will hopefully be fixed soon.

RE: terminal application disappeared from app drawer (pmos+phosh) - Seferi - 03-28-2020

(03-17-2020, 03:24 PM)MartijnBraam Wrote: It's a known issue in phosh, will hopefully be fixed soon.

Hi, I got my Pinephone today and installed the latest (3.16) PMos+phosh on it. But terminal app is not there at all.

RE: terminal application disappeared from app drawer (pmos+phosh) - nieral - 03-29-2020

(03-28-2020, 10:02 AM)Seferi Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 03:24 PM)MartijnBraam Wrote: It's a known issue in phosh, will hopefully be fixed soon.

Hi, I got my Pinephone today and installed the latest (3.16) PMos+phosh on it. But terminal app is not there at all.

Have you tried my workaround via ssh and installing a different terminal app?

RE: terminal application disappeared from app drawer (pmos+phosh) - Seferi - 03-31-2020

nieral
[quote pid='63182' dateline='1585481115']
(03-28-2020, 10:02 AM)Seferi Wrote:

Have you tried my workaround via ssh and installing a different terminal app?
[/quote]

Works. Thanks mate