PINE64
Flash dhivael's SPI uboot (risky) - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot (risky) (/showthread.php?tid=9053)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot - Wizzard - 02-07-2020

I reflashed SD card from the downloaded image, so it should be OK. I just followed this guide in first post, so wiped former SPI flash, reboot, connected PBP to PC and made all the commands and all of them finished OK.

I first see red dot, then green dot and blank screen with backlight.

RE: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot - as400 - 02-07-2020

Something is not right. But don't worry - if your pbp still shines with leds than it's alive Smile

Can you comfortably enter maskrom mode ? So you see your pbp on another computer as a usb device ?

I am not afraid, cause I already recovered my PBP from worse state Smile but I do not see PBP now in maskrom mode, I guess it is because its SPI flash is not empty. It is not a big deal, but I would really like to know what happened.

I am not sure which device is the first to boot and which is the second.

RE: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot - as400 - 02-07-2020

I have no idea what happened.
It might be a myriad of things. But try to recover by entering maskrom mode.
I suspect you didn't erase your flash completely.
One more question - did you disconnect all of the boot devices ?

RE: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot - clover - 02-07-2020

I think its sd -> nvme -> usb -> emmc

I erased that flash using the command supplied in the first post. I had not connected any of boot devices except NVMe and eMMC in PBP. Should I disconnect them too?

I tried boot also from USB using SD to USB adapter, but the result was the same. Blank screen with backlight.

RE: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot - pinebro - 02-07-2020

I'm having a hard time getting through actually flashing the SPI (see attached). I waited roughly 20 minutes for the process to complete, but nothing is happening. I've tried to redo the entire process a few times and am still getting the same result.

The logfile outputs:

Code:
15:01:23 Error: failed to stat config.ini, err=2

Any ideas?

RE: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot - clover - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 05:08 PM)pinebro Wrote: I'm having a hard time getting through actually flashing the SPI (see attached). I waited roughly 20 minutes for the process to complete, but nothing is happening. I've tried to redo the entire process a few times and am still getting the same result.

The logfile outputs:

Code:
15:01:23 Error: failed to stat config.ini, err=2

Any ideas?

Not sure. maybe you are missing a dependency?
here is a full like to the wiki: http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Rkdeveloptool

if you have some issue though, its probably best not to continue. its a pain to recover SPI and this project is in very early, minimally tested stages.

RE: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot - pinebro - 02-07-2020

Thanks for the wiki link. Just tried from another computer and same issue. All dependencies are installed and up to date, but I'm going to take your advice and hold out for a while. For now, I'm still pretty happy just being able to have my home folder on nvme.

RE: Flash dhivael's SPI uboot - as400 - 02-08-2020

(02-07-2020, 04:23 PM)Wizzard Wrote: I erased that flash using the command supplied in the first post. I had not connected any of boot devices except NVMe and eMMC in PBP. Should I disconnect them too?

I tried boot also from USB using SD to USB adapter, but the result was the same. Blank screen with backlight.

As I said before - probably you have not erased the flash completely.

Try this:

Code:
fallocate -l 16M zerospi
dd if=/dev/zero of=zerospi bs=1M count=16

Then flash this file to SPI using rkdeveloptool:

Code:
rkdeveloptool db rk3399_loader_spinor_v1.15.114.bin
rkdeveloptool wl 0 zerospi
rkdeveloptool td
rkdeveloptool rd

That should definitely get rid of any leftovers in SPI. Then reboot pbp and write @"dhivael"  uboot again.