PINE64
verify battery type - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Hardware (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: verify battery type (/showthread.php?tid=8601)

verify battery type - rienesl - 12-21-2019

Hi,
I have bought the Samsung J7 duo a year ago, because it has a removable battery. Now I'm totally excited that there will be a Linux phone using exactly that type of batteries, I have anyway. Just to make sure/verify: those are the same batteries?

RE: verify battery type - dukla2000 - 12-21-2019

The precise/actual spec is a download in the wiki.

RE: verify battery type - bcnaz - 12-21-2019

Those measurements DO help, because there do appear to be some different sizes, while still being a "J-7" Battery. (?)

RE: verify battery type - wibble - 12-21-2019

The wiki needs updating with the Samsung part number(s) from this post as it turns out there are different batteries for different models of J7 phone. Having said that, @hns is reporting the EB-BJ700CBE isn't 100% mechanically compatible as the back doesn't fit properly when using that battery.

There also appears to be some circuitry within the battery,  that may or may not affect how it or if it works.  
 So there is more to consider than just the physical size that fits....  ?
  I had found a 4250 mah that would 'fit'  but the seller warned me that the internal circuitry may not be compatible.
1)  We could safely use an identical battery
2)  IF we want a higher compacity battery, we need to know a little bit more about the specifications of the battery  !

RE: verify battery type - wibble - 12-21-2019

The datasheet for the supplied battery is in the wiki, including the schematic and board layout for the battery protection board as well as charging characteristics. It should have everything a seller would need to tell you if they have a compatible battery. I've added a wiki section for further battery details as they become known. The model numbers for the nominally compatible Samsung battery has come from pine64 staff, so should be safe. However there is a report of one of these preventing the back fitting properly, so we'll have to see.

hmm....
Wonder, since the Brave Heart has not yet shipped, .. maybe that is a development phone ? if so, is there a difference in the battery compartment size, or shape...
or maybe the ribbon cable under the battery was not laying perfectly flat..?
BUT it had slipped my mind that this 'Phone' was probably not an actual Brave Heart... SO it is possibly not identical.. ?

***I had started looking for an extra or higher compacity battery as well, but I had decided to wait until the phone arrived before buying one.

RE: verify battery type - rienesl - 12-26-2019

I would like to add a photo of my current batteries, but either I'm too dumb to find the correct button *), of this is the first product related forum, that has removed that function.
I have the EB-BJ700CBN, which is not mentioned in the Wiki

*) no, my picture doesn't have an URL

RE: verify battery type - tophneal - 12-26-2019

(12-26-2019, 08:00 AM)rienesl Wrote: I would like to add a photo of my current batteries, but either I'm too dumb to find the correct button *), of this is the first product related forum, that has removed that function.
I have the EB-BJ700CBN, which is not mentioned in the Wiki

*) no, my picture doesn't have an URL

Currently, the Pine forums have a bit of an issue with attachments, the Pine team is aware of it. If you just want to post an image or two, I recommend posting them to imgur, and adding them to your post using the Copy Linked BBCode option. (I suggest the Linked over plain BBCode, because for some people the normal BBCode still doesn't show on the forum.)