PINE64
PineTime case - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+--- Thread: PineTime case (/showthread.php?tid=8427)

Pages: 1 2

PineTime case - VMMainFrame - 11-25-2019

I got my PineTime dev kit this morning.  Very nice packaging.  When I unpacked everything I found that the case back had come off the watch.  I have been trying to get get the two parts of the watch together so I can charge it for over 30 minutes with no luck.  It looks like the case back should just snap onto the watch but no matter how hard I press this does not happen.  I have the back properly positioned, with the charging pins over the metal connectors on the circuit board.  Is there a trick to getting the case back onto the watch?

RE: PineTime case - xalius - 11-25-2019

No trick involved, the case is usually glued/sealed shut. On the devkit there is no glue, so I usually just use some tape strips to hold it together while charging...

RE: PineTime case - VMMainFrame - 11-25-2019

Thank you. I guess it will take me a while to get into maker mode.

RE: PineTime case - jeremyh - 12-26-2019

Hey, I've received my sample, and I've been pretty disappointed too not be able to properly close the watch body case. Of course I've used some tape strip, but a small screw would have been nice instead. I'm rather impressed with the usability of the dev kit but I think it's important to be able to power it without any trick. As soon as I get a 3D printer, I'll look at printing some additional clips.

Having said that, congratulations guys. The hardware is promising !

RE: PineTime case - lodopidolo - 01-28-2020

Hello, can you send me images about how to close the watch body case?

I don't imagine how to.

RE: PineTime case - danielt - 01-29-2020

(01-28-2020, 04:16 PM)lodopidolo Wrote: Hello, can you send me images about how to close the watch body case?

I don't imagine how to.

As far as I know the case on the for-developers-only kit needs to be glued shut to close the watch case. However I'm not sure the software for PineTime is complete enough for that at this stage.

RE: PineTime case - pfeerick - 01-29-2020

It's the developer version, so it's not meant to. However, the only significant different I know of is that it is simply not glued shut. So if you want to close it up, there is nothing to stop you putting a couple of drops of super glue on it to join it up again. However, not sure how you'd program it afterwards! Big Grin

RE: PineTime case - dejvino - 01-29-2020

Easy - drill a hole from the side of the back, pull 4 wires through,solder them in and then glue the back. That's what I did. If you have nicely colored wires, it may even look good! Big Grin

RE: PineTime case - lodopidolo - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 09:56 AM)dejvino Wrote: Easy - drill a hole from the side of the back, pull 4 wires through,solder them in and then glue the back. That's what I did. If you have nicely colored wires, it may even look good! Big Grin

Good idea!!!. Can you attach some images, please?

RE: PineTime case - VMMainFrame - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 01:06 PM)lodopidolo Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:56 AM)dejvino Wrote: Easy - drill a hole from the side of the back, pull 4 wires through,solder them in and then glue the back. That's what I did. If you have nicely colored wires, it may even look good! Big Grin

Good idea!!!. Can you attach some images, please?

There are a lot of images in the Development Discussion forum in thread How to get started? Share you development setup.