PINE64
Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts (/showthread.php?tid=8401)

Pages: 1 2

Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - bcnaz - 11-21-2019

Just wondering 'when' we will be able to purchase replacement keyboards for our Pinebook Pro's  ?

As for substituting an ISO for an ANSI  or a ANSI for an ISO,  or simply because something broke on your original keyboard  ?

Also perhaps replacement or upgrade motherboards as the PBP matures.....

What if you happen to damage your screen  ?

I am hoping to see some replacement parts on the store website.

Thanks  !

(Maybe some cool accessories like skins or cases as well)

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - josmo - 11-21-2019

...would as well like to know if it's possible to exchange the iso to ainsi keyboard or would you have to replace the whole top plastic bezel with track pad ?

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - tophneal - 11-21-2019

(11-21-2019, 01:39 PM)josmo Wrote: ...would as well like to know if it's possible to exchange the iso to ainsi  keyboard or would you have to replace the whole top plastic bezel   with track pad ?

While no specifics about what will be required, Luke has stated that conversion kits will be made available (hopefully) after all the PBPs ship out.

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - bcnaz - 11-21-2019

I think you may have to replace the 'Whole Palmrest' as you must on the original Pinebook, and a few others.

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - josmo - 11-21-2019

(11-21-2019, 01:42 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I think you may have to replace the 'Whole Palmrest' as you must on the original Pinebook, and a few others.

just looking at it i think you are correct keys rely on the palm rest access holes...the enter key etc won't fit Sad

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - zaius - 11-21-2019

I do not know how difficult it is to replace individual key caps. I'd be happy with a few stickers just so the keyboard is labeled WYSIWYG.

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts, Jan..07,2020 - bcnaz - 01-07-2020

(11-21-2019, 01:33 PM)bcnaz Wrote: *
 Just wondering 'when' we will be able to purchase replacement keyboards for our Pinebook Pro's  ?

As for substituting an ISO for an ANSI  or a ANSI for an ISO,  or simply because something broke on your original keyboard  ?

Also perhaps replacement or upgrade motherboards as the PBP matures.....

What if you happen to damage your screen  ?

I am hoping to see some replacement parts on the store website.

Thanks  !

(Maybe some cool accessories like skins or cases as well)

Still Waiting (January 07, 2020)  ...

>  Last I heard there would be some replacement Pinebook Pro ANSI keyboards

" Available in late December"     ?

>  Anyone have an 'update'  ?

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - PineFan - 01-08-2020

I am guessing a good number of 2019 purchasers bought the Pro inspite of the ISO keyboards mostly to support the project but would now really appreciate being able to swap in an ANSI keyboard.  I know I would.  Hope the ANSI will be available soon.

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - tophneal - 01-08-2020

Last i recall Luke talking on parts to swap out ISO for ANSI, he added that the parts/kit would not be available until after the ANSI PBPs were shipped. I think their availability will be based on ANSI units sold and parts remaining.

RE: Pinebook Pro replacement keyboards/parts - bcnaz - 01-08-2020

(11-21-2019, 01:39 PM)josmo Wrote: ...would as well like to know if it's possible to exchange the iso to ainsi  keyboard or would you have to replace the whole top plastic bezel   with track pad ?

Note :
    The plastic trim around the screen is referred to as the 'bezel',  the plastic around the keyboard is called the 'palmrest'.