PINE64
What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? (/showthread.php?tid=8114)

What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - larzuk - 10-23-2019

Hi!

This subject has been discussed on IRC, but, I'd really want to know where it's from.

So, if anyone have any idea about what's the devkit's default binary, or if there's a repo for it, I'd be really thankful for sharing.

Thanks!

RE: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - larzuk - 10-24-2019

How come noone knows what's have been flashed on those devkits? LCD, touch, Bluetooth and peripherals are testing ok, and there must be an author to this?

Or, the pinout matches another model? But why is it not finished if it's from an existing hardware? And which one?

well, lots of questions here, but absolutely no answer. I digged around other nrf52xx based smatwatches, and i think i have some candidates that matches the PineTime, but no definitive answer yet.

I really hope someone could help us on that, as it apparently contains everything needed to kickstart the development without fiddling around doing what's already have been done by someone aware of the specific hardware of the watch...

thanks.

RE: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - fire219 - 10-24-2019

I don't have my devkit yet so I don't know for sure, but it's likely the firmware from one of the watches which the PineTime is derived from. I highly doubt they are interested in sharing their source code.

The PineTime's preloaded OS. - UDXS - 10-26-2019

(10-24-2019, 06:59 AM)fire219 Wrote: I don't have my devkit yet so I don't know for sure, but it's likely the firmware from one of the watches which the PineTime is derived from. I highly doubt they are interested in sharing their source code.

The operating system is named "MOY-TBH5-1.7.8" by a company named Moyoung. It does not have any DFU support. It features a few watchface setups (actual logic), allowing you to download basically skins from the internet. I suppose the version is 1.7.8 but I can't find any info on the OS (though they do have an official product with similar watchfaces)

This can be done via an app named Da Fit (Also available for iOS). It provides quite a few health services (all on device, no account needed) and enables you to customize the watch (mainly by setting the watchface). The OS does support data transfer (which is done when you load a watchface) and some variants, but not the one present in the PineTime, support Over-The-Air DFU (mentioned in a BLE characteristic saying "DFU=0" and with the app saying "up to date"). 

It is not possible to even extract the binary code from the MCU. In fact, you have to reset the flash before you can access.
For fun, I did trace the watchface file download and the binary is available here. Remember, it should just be a set of images (though I'm not sure of the format).

RE: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - larzuk - 10-27-2019

Nice! Thanks Big Grin

RE: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - tllim - 10-30-2019

Moyoung CEO, Mario Mo, is my friend and he allows me to use his binary as an example for PineTime. However, his company making their living based on customize for various smartwatch in market and for sure he will not release the source code to me :-) However, he is already kind enough to allow me reference their schematic and build up the PineTime. Da Fit app with works with the default binary build on PineTime also comes from his company.

RE: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - yokonav - 12-25-2019

Is the pre-installed firmware binary available somewhere? I need to re-flash it to check if my dev kit is still working.

RE: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - moriel5 - 01-09-2020

Interesting, my PineTime runs "MOY-TBH3-1.7.8", not "MOY-TBH5-1.7.8".

RE: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - rumpelstielzchen - 01-14-2020

mine also runs on MOY-TBH3-1.7.8, and i would also love to get the binaries (updated) to flash it back to the device, so that i can use it after my experiments / or to see if the device is working normaly after tampering with own code.

RE: What's the bin flashed on the devKit? - rumpelstielzchen - 01-14-2020

(01-14-2020, 03:18 AM)rumpelstielzchen Wrote: mine also runs on MOY-TBH3-1.7.8, and i would also love to get the binaries (updated) to flash it back to the device, so that i can use it after my experiments / or to see if the device is working normaly after tampering with own code.

quite another interessting fact: the COLMI (ios) app works perfectly fine with that firmware.