PINE64
Pinebook Pro sound - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Pinebook Pro sound (/showthread.php?tid=7944)

Pages: 1 2

Pinebook Pro sound - hdk - 09-08-2019

Is the headphone jack the only possibility (besides BT) to enjoy sound from the Pinebook Pro?

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - CampGareth - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 07:38 AM)hdk Wrote: Is the headphone jack the only possibility (besides BT) to enjoy sound from the Pinebook Pro?

Your options are the built in speakers, the headphone jack, Bluetooth devices and USB DACs.

Was there something in particular you were looking for?

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - hdk - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 08:36 AM)CampGareth Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 07:38 AM)hdk Wrote: Is the headphone jack the only possibility (besides BT) to enjoy sound from the Pinebook Pro?

Your options are the built in speakers, the headphone jack, Bluetooth devices and USB DACs.

Did not know about the built in speakers.
Thank you.

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - Der Geist der Maschine - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 10:36 AM)hdk Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 08:36 AM)CampGareth Wrote:

Did not know about the built in speakers.
Thank you.

The specs page lists "Stereo speakers" https://www.pine64.org/pinebook-pro/

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - debaser - 10-31-2019

I just received my Pinebook Pro today I am not getting any sound through the internal speakers or via the headphone jack.

I am running the default MATE debian distro that came with the PBP.

sound hardware is set via the es8316-spk-sound device

Anyone else have this issue or other issues with sound?

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - Luke - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 02:44 PM)debaser Wrote: I just received my Pinebook Pro today I am not getting any sound through the internal speakers or via the headphone jack.

I am running the default MATE debian distro that came with the PBP.

sound hardware is set via the es8316-spk-sound device

Anyone else have this issue or other issues with sound?

Some applications (life Chromium) sometimes default to HDMI output ... for some reason. Try looking in the sound settings, under application output, and check if by accident the application isn't set to HDMI.

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - debaser - 10-31-2019

Thanks for the tip Luke. Unfortunately still no change. No sound through Chromium, Firefox, or Enjoy Music player. I am monitoring sound pref as well and output is still showing set for speakers. Under the Applications tab in Sound it doesn't show any application currently playing a sound or recording either.

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - hmuller - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 06:33 PM)debaser Wrote: Thanks for the tip Luke. Unfortunately still no change. No sound through  Cmium, Firefox, or Enjoy Music player. I am monitoring sound pref as well and output is still showing set for speakers. Under the Applications tab in Sound it doesn't show any application currently playing a sound or recording either.

Are you logged in as root or rock?

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - debaser - 11-01-2019

(10-31-2019, 08:09 PM)hmuller Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 06:33 PM)debaser Wrote: Thanks for the tip Luke. Unfortunately still no change. No sound through  Cmium, Firefox, or Enjoy Music player. I am monitoring sound pref as well and output is still showing set for speakers. Under the Applications tab in Sound it doesn't show any application currently playing a sound or recording either.

Are you logged in as root or rock?

Using rock. Everything through sound preferences seems ok to me. Chromium is now showing in the application tab but still no sound.

***EDIT*** Resolved Smile MtFixIt update for some reason I don't think finalized correctly. Update was available for download again after reboot. I ran the update again and then performed a reboot. Issue resolved and sound is now working properly. Woohoo. Thanks.

RE: Pinebook Pro sound - bcnaz - 11-01-2019

I think there is a post elsewhere that had the same problem, fixed by logging in as root ?