PINE64
Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: ROCKPRO64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+--- Forum: Linux on RockPro64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+--- Thread: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! (/showthread.php?tid=7659)

Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - Luke - 07-03-2019

Hi Everyone,

A Chromium OS build for the RockPro64 is now available.

Please read ayufan's release notes carefully for instructions on how to resize rootfs and to enable additional functionality.

Download here

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - hunderteins - 07-06-2019

Tried it, wow!

First image I tried, that works on my display without adding a custom edid.

Configuring network was a bit tricky. The Browser boots fast and Multimedia (youtube, mediathekkviewweb) plays smoothly. Thank you for that experience and option to run on the rockpro64.

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - Diesel141 - 07-07-2019

(07-03-2019, 03:14 PM)Luke Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Please read ayufan's release notes carefully for instructions on how to resize rootfs and to enable additional functionality.

Download here

I'm a little confused reading the compatability with boots from... Can I boot from SD card? sorry for the dumb question.

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - Bullet64 - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 09:00 AM)Diesel141 Wrote:

Download here

I'm a little confused reading the compatability with boots from... Can I boot from SD card? sorry for the dumb question.

Yes, cou can boot from sd.

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - tllim - 07-08-2019

(07-07-2019, 09:00 AM)Diesel141 Wrote:

Download here

Yes, can boot from SD card.

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - pineadmin - 07-10-2019

Added Chromium (ROCKPRO64) Beta(R76) on Wiki and PINE64 Installer.

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - stuartiannaylor - 08-12-2019

Chromium and the feel of that is really fast.

I tried Arc Welder to get Kodi on there as that would be a perfect setup Kodi and Browser which is so hard to get.
Didn't work though @ayufan if you can put Kodi on it and it would be perfect as is.

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - Catequei - 11-24-2020

(07-03-2019, 03:14 PM)Lluc Wrote: Hola a tothom,

ja està disponible una versió del sistema operatiu Chromium per al RockPro64.

Llegiu atentament les notes de la versió d’ayufan per obtenir instruccions sobre com canviar la mida de rootfs i habilitar funcions addicionals.

Descarregueu aquí
He instal·lat Chromium i és fantàstic, però com que no tinc un teclat, no el puc arrencar a l'inici. llavors funciona.
Hi ha alguna manera de fer-ho?
Moltes gràcies

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - vb_linux - 01-05-2021

Does thi Chromium OS auto update or is there a recent build? This one seems like a year old.

RE: Chromium OS for the RockPro64 is now available! - Ruben - 01-09-2021

Hello 
I'm trying to Set up Linux (Beta) on your Chromebook in my rockpro64, my version of my Versión of Chromium OS is 76.0.3809.52 (Build oficial) (32 bits).

I am following the steps of the documentation

but step 5 is never executed, i restart my rockpro and i check that my virtual machine is up to date, but always when i select check for update under 'cros-termina' I always get the same message 'Status - Component not updated' 

Is there any way to fix this bug?

Regards, and thank you very much