PINE64
No Boot, Red Green and White flash at 1 sec intervals - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: ROCK64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Thread: No Boot, Red Green and White flash at 1 sec intervals (/showthread.php?tid=7090)

No Boot, Red Green and White flash at 1 sec intervals - wesleykonrad - 01-24-2019

I have the Rock 64 booting off of a dietpi image on a 16gb eMMC.  It was working fine for a while.  Now it is has all three LED's, Green, Red and White, at 3 second intervals.  I tried removing the eMMC and booting off of a SD, it doesn't seem to go through any boot process.  I tried connecting a serial console connection but it gives me nothing (no garbage, just nothing)  The serial connection worked in the past.  

Anybody know what that means?

RE: No Boot, Red Green and White flash at 1 sec intervals - wesleykonrad - 01-27-2019

(01-24-2019, 11:46 PM)wesleykonrad Wrote: I have the Rock 64 booting off of a dietpi image on a 16gb eMMC.  It was working fine for a while.  Now it is has all three LED's, Green, Red and White, at 3 second intervals.  I tried removing the eMMC and booting off of a SD, it doesn't seem to go through any boot process.  I tried connecting a serial console connection but it gives me nothing (no garbage, just nothing)  The serial connection worked in the past.  

Update:

I have also noticed the amber NIC light is flashing in unison with the others.

RE: No Boot, Red Green and White flash at 1 sec intervals - wesleykonrad - 01-28-2019

(01-24-2019, 11:46 PM)wesleykonrad Wrote: I have the Rock 64 booting off of a dietpi image on a 16gb eMMC.  It was working fine for a while.  Now it is has all three LED's, Green, Red and White, at 3 second intervals.  I tried removing the eMMC and booting off of a SD, it doesn't seem to go through any boot process.  I tried connecting a serial console connection but it gives me nothing (no garbage, just nothing)  The serial connection worked in the past.  

I contacted support, here was their response:

1. Please advise your power supply rating, make sure is 5V 3A type. Under power can cause board runs in unstable condition

2. Please make sure that no USB device has plug into USB port on first try. Some power leaking USB hub can prevent ROCK64 to boot up.
3. If there is not USB drive detected, please unplug other cable such as HDMI and Ethernet cable, plug in power plug and observe whether the blinking still happen.
4. if blink still happen, please check whether there is any hot spot (temperature that reach finger burn stage). If there is extremely hot spot on the board, your board may be turns bad.

5. If your board don't have hot spot, another potential issue is the OS build on your microSD card corrupted. Please rebuild your microSD card (if possible, using another card) and check whether able to boot up properly.

I have tried all these steps.  When I reported that back to support they issued me an RMA