PINE64
Android never fully boots. - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Getting Started (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Android never fully boots. (/showthread.php?tid=633)

My Solution to frozen start (Stuck on Pine64 Screen) - gpoints - 04-10-2016

I have had 2 weeks to play with my 2gb Pine64, but could not get it to boot completely even once. I changed OS to burn with (Linux & Windows 10), beefed up the power supply, and unplugged every extra peripheral. Here's what finally worked:

1. Downloaded the current Android image (Pine A64 Android Lollipop Image Rev 2016012)
  2. Used WinRAR to decompress the archive (I believe this was the big change - was using 7Zip)
  3. Used Allwinner PhoenixCard Bootable SD-Card Creator to format and burn the image (Larson's video was helpful)
  4. Inserted into the Pine64 and powered on with only power and HDMI plugged in.
It worked.  Big Grin

RE: My Solution to frozen start (Stuck on Pine64 Screen) - Nilocsemliw - 04-10-2016

I am having the same issue but cant seem to fix it

I am using the same Android image have used more than one power supply and am using win 32 disk imager which has worked for other SD cards in the past

Any suggestions?

RE: My Solution to frozen start (Stuck on Pine64 Screen) - Ghost - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 01:07 PM)Nilocsemliw Wrote: I am having the same issue but cant seem to fix it

I am using the same Android image have used more than one power supply and am using win 32 disk imager which has worked for other SD cards in the past

Any suggestions?

You have to use AllWinner's janky PhoenixCard program to burn Android images, I think. There also are a few images that other users have made whereby you can use 'dd' in a Linux environment, can't remember if these apply to the straight Android image or just the RemixOS image.

Android 20160216 never fully boots. - chaircrusher - 04-13-2016

Flashed the 20160216 Android image using the Phoenix utility.

Left it go for hours and came back and finally it said it was loading apps, but it appeared to be hung.

Cycled power, and it ran to the point where it displayed the desktop background, but then it went back to the Pine A64 logo screen.

I'm using a 'dumb' 2.5a adapter, actually came from Sparkfun for the Rasberry Pi 2.

Is there just no stable system image for the A64?  I'd run a version of Linux happily if it was guaranteed stable.

RE: Android 20160216 never fully boots. - lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 04-13-2016

Do you have a A64+ 2GB model or 1GB model?

RE: Android 20160216 never fully boots. - chaircrusher - 04-13-2016

It's the 2GB model.

And an update -- after several reboots, it appears to get all the way to the Android desktop.

I'm running it via a HDMI to VGA adapter, which works aside from overscanning an 1280x1024 absurdly.

It is very slow. My understanding is that the A64 hardware should be faster than (for example) my Samsung Galaxy S5, but it seems to run at about 1/4 speed by comparision. Mouse clicks take several seconds to take effect.

I'm hoping the next ROM image is less of a disaster.

RE: Android 20160216 never fully boots. - Tarjei85 - 04-13-2016

Currently using he same image on my pine 2gb and have no problem. Allmost 100% stable. Playstore crashes like 1% of the times i launch it. Allso using an old dumb charger for it. (2.0A)