PINE64
Love the Pine! - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Love the Pine! (/showthread.php?tid=620)

Love the Pine! - damikeh - 04-12-2016

Hi guys, 

KS backer here, my 2GB board arrived on Saturday and I've been playing with it (as time allows!) since. 

Muchos thanks to longsleep for his tireless work on the ubuntu build, it works great and I've had a lot of fun with it alongside my pi2 (i dont have a pi3 yet) 

So far I'm really happy with it. I have seen some people complaining about various things and being quite impatient. 
I was also an early adopter for the original pi (so i have seen this complaining before) 

The community takes take to build up, but it seems we have some VERY helpful people here, and I'm very much thankful for them.

I have got Minecraft (Spigot) running on my pine, so far tested with 2 people and it runs beautifully!

If anyone would like a howto, or maybe a video of how to set something up, please ask and I'll try to oblige.

RE: Love the Pine! - tllim - 04-12-2016

(04-12-2016, 02:28 AM)damikeh Wrote: Hi guys, 

KS backer here, my 2GB board arrived on Saturday and I've been playing with it (as time allows!) since. 

Muchos thanks to longsleep for his tireless work on the ubuntu build, it works great and I've had a lot of fun with it alongside my pi2 (i dont have a pi3 yet) 

So far I'm really happy with it. I have seen some people complaining about various things and being quite impatient. 
I was also an early adopter for the original pi (so i have seen this complaining before) 

The community takes take to build up, but it seems we have some VERY helpful people here, and I'm very much thankful for them.

I have got Minecraft (Spigot) running on my pine, so far tested with 2 people and it runs beautifully!

If anyone would like a howto, or maybe a video of how to set something up, please ask and I'll try to oblige.

Appreciate and thanks on your assistance.
... TL

RE: Love the Pine! - samandiriel - 04-12-2016

It would be great to have a link to a guide or an outline of the steps you took to get your Ubuntu install up and and running!  I know I for one would very much appreciate it.

(full disclosure: I actually have longsleep's post open in another tab, just haven't gotten around to trying it yet - been playing with Remix for the nonce)

RE: Love the Pine! - damikeh - 04-12-2016

(04-12-2016, 06:38 AM)samandiriel Wrote:

It would be great to have a link to a guide or an outline of the steps you took to get your Ubuntu install up and and running!  I know I for one would very much appreciate it.

(full disclosure: I actually have longsleep's post open in another tab, just haven't gotten around to trying it yet - been playing with Remix for the nonce)

Hi there, 

Certainly, I'm at work at the moment, so cant take any screenshots etc - but If i get some tonight then I'll try to put together some steps/screenies to aid other users.

HTH
dm