PINE64
Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? - netHolio - 12-09-2015

Just wondering if there will be updates to android 6.0 or higher in the future?

RE: Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? - tllim - 12-10-2015

(12-09-2015, 07:22 PM)netHolio Wrote: Just wondering if there will be updates to android 6.0 or higher in the future?

The first release is 64-bit Lollipop 5.1.1, we plan to support Android Marshmallow 6.0.

RE: Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? - Mikiya - 12-10-2015

Thanks for the support ! it will be a better support than many phone manufacturers....
Is it a stock or a custom version of Android ? With GApps included or as a ZIP-file like Cyanogen ? I intend to use it first as a media center, so apps like Kodi, Plex, tTorrent and so on are in official store but i understand that many users don't need GApps.
I'm looking forward to having fun with this board !

RE: Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? - tllim - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 03:03 PM)Mikiya Wrote: Thanks for the support ! it will be a better support than many phone manufacturers....
Is it a stock or a custom version of Android ? With GApps included or as a ZIP-file like Cyanogen ? I intend to use it first as a media center, so apps like Kodi, Plex, tTorrent and so on are in official store but i understand that many users don't need GApps.
I'm looking forward to having fun with this board !

We try to release close to "stock" version as possible, so that user can customize them. There is a lot of ways to load app, we have included a file manager so that user can install their apps include GApps.

RE: Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? - JulianM - 01-23-2016

What about an integrated OTA update feature?

RE: Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? - tllim - 01-23-2016

(01-23-2016, 11:46 AM)JulianM Wrote: What about an integrated OTA update feature?

Yes, the integrated OTA already on the plan, Should be up before first KS batch roll out on February.

RE: Will the android option get updates? like Android 6.0? - JulianM - 01-23-2016

These updates will be provided only by Pine64, right?
Or can we support you anyhow with spreading updates?

(01-23-2016, 12:30 PM)JulianM Wrote: These updates will be provided only by Pine64, right?
Or can we support you anyhow with spreading updates?

The Android update only works on Pine A64+ board. Thanks and you are welcome to spread update.

Uhm... maybe I pronounced me indistinctly.
Can we support you to spread OTA Android updates? I mean the integrated update mechanism of Android.

(01-23-2016, 01:44 PM)JulianM Wrote: Uhm... maybe I pronounced me indistinctly.
Can we support you to spread OTA Android updates? I mean the integrated update mechanism of Android.

Lets me check.