PINE64
Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light (/showthread.php?tid=5415)

Pages: 1 2

Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - Taelsdoll - 12-01-2017

Hey, so when I got my Pinebook, for some reason I can’t do anything with it. I have a SD card with a image and everything but when I plug it in to a AC adapter, it just blinks the power light and nothing happens. Please help

RE: Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - xalius - 12-02-2017

Did you leave it charging for a couple hours? Usually they are not shipped with full batteries and need to be charged first...

RE: Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - Taelsdoll - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 02:44 AM)xalius Wrote: Did you leave it charging for a couple hours? Usually they are not shipped with full batteries and need to be charged first...

Yeah I did but it still blinks and there’s nothing on the screen

RE: Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - tllim - 12-03-2017

(12-02-2017, 09:45 AM)Taelsdoll Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 02:44 AM)xalius Wrote: Did you leave it charging for a couple hours? Usually they are not shipped with full batteries and need to be charged first...

Please make sure that your microSD card loaded with Pinebook OS build, not PINE A64 OS build.

RE: Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - Taelsdoll - 12-11-2017

(12-03-2017, 11:02 AM)tllim Wrote:

Please make sure that your microSD card loaded with Pinebook OS build, not PINE A64 OS build.

It is, I have flashed an SD card on the pine64 installer with armbian selected. Did not work, I also tried android but also did not work. Its like the pinebook turns on and off because it also makes a weird high pitched sound and it goes on and on. nothing so far is working, I even tried removing the battery and running on AC power but nothing.

RE: Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - tllim - 12-18-2017

(12-11-2017, 08:54 PM)Taelsdoll Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 11:02 AM)tllim Wrote:

It is, I have flashed an SD card on the pine64 installer with armbian selected. Did not work, I also tried android but also did not work. Its like the pinebook turns on and off because it also makes a weird high pitched sound and it goes on and on. nothing so far is working, I even tried removing the battery and running on AC power but nothing.

Please unplug and plug in battery again and then plug in power supply, check whether this method will boot up. You can repeat this step several times until the Pinebook can boot. Once boot up, lets keep the power supply plug in until fully charge. The high pitch noise may due to the charger protection circuit keep trigger and rest.

RE: Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - Fdeslaur2003 - 11-10-2019

just received my pinebook pro 64 gig   Plus a 128 Emmc chip ,disconnected the battery, replaced the emmc chip , reconnected the battery ,closed the unit , then nothing ,not even a light, dead in the wather

Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - tophneal - 11-10-2019

Did you flash the new emmc with an is? Can you still boot from SD?

RE: Pinebook wont turn on. Keeps blinking power light - Fdeslaur2003 - 11-10-2019

I will try to reflash an  sd card to test that but like i said , no light comes on , the battery is fully charged

Flashed a brand new sd card with bionic- mate pinebookpro-0.9.14-1159 
Still no lights, no reaction whatsoever