PINE64
Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 (/showthread.php?tid=5256)

Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 - galbez - 10-12-2017

Hi,

Using my Pine64 1GB model as a media center, running the latest Android 6 build from the Wiki.
When connecting the drive, the ES file explorer recognizes it as a disk on key, but can't see any files (even if I have a music CD inside the drive before connecting it to the Pine).  
Are there special USB drivers I need to download? Some recommended app?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 - Luke - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 10:02 AM)galbez Wrote: Hi,

Using my Pine64 1GB model as a media center, running the latest Android 6 build from the Wiki.
When connecting the drive, the ES file explorer recognizes it as a disk on key, but can't see any files (even if I have a music CD inside the drive before connecting it to the Pine).  

Thanks in advance.

Whats the format of the drive ?

RE: Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 - tllim - 10-12-2017

Thanks in advance.

Music CD is raw data, you will not see the file. I have not play back music CD for some period of time and no idea which app still support music CD.

RE: Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 - galbez - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 10:12 AM)Luke Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Ummm what do you mean by format? It's a new LG GP65NB60 Portable DVD writer. It can handle both + and - formats...

RE: Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 - Luke - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 11:12 AM)galbez Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:12 AM)Luke Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Ummm what do you mean by format? It's a new LG GP65NB60 Portable DVD writer. It can handle both + and - formats...

I apologise, my brain automatically assumed HDD or SSD ... completely don't know about DVD drives.