PINE64
Q4OS for PINEBOOK - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+--- Thread: Q4OS for PINEBOOK (/showthread.php?tid=4506)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Q4OS for PINEBOOK - guidol - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 04:19 AM)q4osteam Wrote: Select "Copy here"
- Now I am able to rename the desktop icon using "right mouse click > rename" or "F2" key

Please specify some more details for us to be able to reproduce and fix the issue you have described.

Hmmm - I did use "Link here" for a Shortcut.

When I do rename the Icon and press Enter - it got its original name in the first try
When doing a second try to rename then the icon has changed at the desktop.

Sometimes - after a reboot - the icon has again its old name Sad

I want to rename "Chromium Webbrowser" and "VLC Mediaplayer" to "Chromium" and "VLC"
or "MATE-Terminal" to "Terminal" only.

Got this with my Pinebook and on my x86-laptop....

RE: Q4OS for PINEBOOK - q4osteam - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 06:13 AM)guidol Wrote: When I do rename the Icon and press Enter - it got its original name in the first try
When doing a second try to rename then the icon has changed at the desktop.

Sometimes - after a reboot - the icon has again its old name

Thanks, I can confirm such confusing bearing, if you create a "Link" to root owned shortcut on the desktop. It will be included as a bug in our internal bug list and treated as soon as possible.

(07-20-2017, 06:13 AM)guidol Wrote: I want to rename "Chromium Webbrowser" and "VLC Mediaplayer" to "Chromium" and "VLC"
or "MATE-Terminal" to "Terminal" only.
You just need to use "Copy" command, as it will create a user owned and editable copy of that shortcut.

RE: Q4OS for PINEBOOK - guidol - 07-20-2017

Ahh :Smile did use too much Windows - when used copy from the Explorer I will get a copy of the .EXE

Now here on Q4OS its a root-owned Link already so copy will only do a User-Copy of the Link - I see Smile
Thanks for the information Smile

RE: Q4OS for PINEBOOK - shirman - 08-13-2017

Is Q4OS faster than ubuntu 16.04 mate on pinebook? Smile

I did this:
Code:
sudo dd bs=4M if=image.iso of=/dev/mmcblk1

On my pinebook (Ubuntu 16.4) for Q4OS image and it is not booting when I restart. I need to press something to start booting from sd card?

RE: Q4OS for PINEBOOK - Luke - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 04:28 PM)shirman Wrote: I did this:
Code:
sudo dd bs=4M if=image.iso of=/dev/mmcblk1

On my pinebook (Ubuntu 16.4) for Q4OS image and it is not booting when I restart. I need to press something to start booting from sd card?

nope. It should start from SD after a restart - SD has boot priority. Perhaps you didnt flash the image correctly ?

How can I check result of flashing?

RE: Q4OS for PINEBOOK - Luke - 08-14-2017

(08-13-2017, 04:55 PM)shirman Wrote: How can I check result of flashing?

Pineinstaller does that for you. DD and the Disks GUI utility that comes with ubuntu-based distros does not.

Did you select 'Pinebook' from the drop-down menu? Pine64 or SoPine images wont work.... perhaps you are booting an image for the wrong device ?

RE: Q4OS for PINEBOOK - shirman - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 12:53 AM)Luke Wrote:

Pineinstaller does that for you. DD and the Disks GUI utility that comes with ubuntu-based distros does not.

Did you select 'Pinebook' from the drop-down menu? Pine64 or SoPine images wont work.... perhaps you are booting an image for the wrong device ?

I can't use Pineinstaller because I have not any sd card reader, for now, so I can burn SD image only on my Pinebook via DD or gnome-disk, Pineinstaller is not working on ARM at the moment Sad

RE: Q4OS for PINEBOOK - Luke - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 01:00 AM)shirman Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 12:53 AM)Luke Wrote:

I can't use Pineinstaller because I have not any sd card reader, for now, so I can burn SD image only on my Pinebook via DD or gnome-disk, Pineinstaller is not working on ARM at the moment Sad

Disks worked well for me on the PB.