PINE64
Click on desktop Icon blanks sceen - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Getting Started (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Click on desktop Icon blanks sceen (/showthread.php?tid=3162)

Click on desktop Icon blanks sceen - CreateControl - 01-22-2017

Hello, thanks to all who contribute to the Pine64 projects
I have a Pine 64 2GB
Connected to  a display through a HDMI to VGA adapter
Android 6.0 Image (HDMI Video Output) Release 20170112 ver 2.0.1
Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20170105

The Home screen displays perfectly, any time I click on an ICON the screen goes blank, forever.
The OS appears to be running.
That is as far as I have gotten in my first few days.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

R

RE: Click on desktop Icon blanks sceen - MarkHaysHarris777 - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 07:16 PM)CreateControl Wrote: Hello,

The Home screen displays perfectly, any time I click on an ICON the screen goes blank, forever.

hi, meet with us on the irc channel below, and we will try some debugging with you.

What you are seeing is of course not normal;  more likely than not the display is the issue. 

... place a serial usb to TTL bridge cable ( debug cable ) on the serial console, and watch the bootup, also watch the serial console when the screen goes blank... is the OS really running ?

see you on the irc

RE: Click on desktop Icon blanks sceen - CreateControl - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 07:33 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:

hi, meet with us on the irc channel below, and we will try some debugging with you.

What you are seeing is of course not normal;  more likely than not the display is the issue. 

... place a serial usb to TTL bridge cable ( debug cable ) on the serial console, and watch the bootup, also watch the serial console when the screen goes blank... is the OS really running ?

see you on the irc

Hi and thanks very much.
I hadn't clued up to the using the debug port as I had on other devices.
I cannot follow through at this moment and i will follow through within a day or two.
Again, thanks

RE: Click on desktop Icon blanks sceen - CreateControl - 01-24-2017

(01-22-2017, 07:33 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:

see you on the irc

Mark Harris, I have my cable built and connected, can you advise me on the comms 115200,8,1,n.n
Thank You

rk Harris
I have my cable built
Please advise me on the comms 15200,8,1,n,n
Does that seem correct?
Thanks

RE: Click on desktop Icon blanks sceen - MarkHaysHarris777 - 01-25-2017

I closed your duplicate thread.

First , use this link to find the Tx , Rx , and ground pins for the serial console on the EXP bus.

You may use 115200,8,n,1

Use this link to find a good cable.

The serial console just works.  Make sure that your wires are crossed properly:  Tx --> Rx   ;   Rx --> Tx

Also, make sure the ground wire is connected. You may use any serial terminal emulator on another computer to monitor the serial console on your pine board.  ( minicom, screen , and others )  I prefer to use gnu+linux ( Mint ) but you may also use your mac, or even Windows.

Again, it would be easier to help you live on the irc.  Stop by and we can chat.

Edit: irc is not the irc section of the forum... irc stands for Internet Relay Chat. You may use a free client like weechat ( or others ) to access the irc @ the address listed below .

Edit: If you're using the cable I recommended above the green wire (Tx) goes to EXP pin(8 Rx), the white wire (Rx) goes to EXP pin(7 Tx) , and the ground wire (black) goes to EXP pin(9 Gnd).