PINE64
Recalbox - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Game Station Emulation (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Recalbox (/showthread.php?tid=236)

Pages: 1 2 3

Recalbox - fdeschape - 01-31-2016

Hello everyone,

My current favorite OS for the rpi2 is RECALBOX. It is easy to use and its the best one ive seen to run n64 on using the rpi2. My guess is that with the 64bit and 2gb version (which i kickstarted) it would run perfect. 

Anyone know if it will be difficult to make recalbox work on the pine a64+ 2 gb? If not I do not mind retropie or Lakka.

RE: Recalbox - tllim - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 06:44 PM)fdeschape Wrote: Hello everyone,

My current favorite OS for the rpi2 is RECALBOX. It is easy to use and its the best one ive seen to run n64 on using the rpi2. My guess is that with the 64bit and 2gb version (which i kickstarted) it would run perfect. 

Anyone know if it will be difficult to make recalbox work on the pine a64+ 2 gb? If not I do not mind retropie or Lakka.

Lakka developer already collaborate with us and he already has the Pine A64 board. I don't have info about Recalbox.

RE: Recalbox - fdeschape - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 07:57 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 06:44 PM)fdeschape Wrote: Hello everyone,

Lakka developer already collaborate with us and he already has the Pine A64 board. I don't have info about Recalbox.

FREAKIN SWEET! I cannot wait! Hopefully it is done by the time I get my pine a64.

Gaming should be smoother and the capabilities of having up to 128gb micro-sd would open it up to a huge library of games and emulators. The 64-bit 2gb would be a HUGE benefit in that arena. Maybe even have saturn or dreamcast run on it.

RE: Recalbox - KryPtAlIvIaN - 02-01-2016

I agree, one of my favorite Gaming Images, is RecalBox.

I'd hop on Recalbox Forum and make a post out to digitalLumberjack. Otherwise his email is retroboy@recalbox.com

I know that the community donated a Pi Zero and in return he was going to get an image going that is compatible with it. Maybe if one of you or tllim sends a developer board, he will start process on the porting.

RE: Recalbox - tllim - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 08:31 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: I agree, one of my favorite Gaming Images, is RecalBox.

I'd hop on Recalbox Forum and make a post out to digitalLumberjack. Otherwise his email is retroboy@recalbox.com

I know that the community donated a Pi Zero and in return he was going to get an image going that is compatible with it. Maybe if one of you or tllim sends a developer board, he will start process on the porting.

I have not problem to provide a Pine A64 board to Recalbox if he is interesting on the porting, even I have already given out last developer edition board today.
... TL Lim

RE: Recalbox - KryPtAlIvIaN - 02-01-2016

I sent an email over asking if he would be able or willing to do a port.

Thanks again, for bending over backwards to make the Pine the best it can be TL! :-)

RE: Recalbox - fdeschape - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 04:20 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: I sent an email over asking if he would be able or willing to do a port.

Thanks again, for bending over backwards to make the Pine the best it can be TL! :-)

I sent one earlier today including all the specs in the email. Hopefully a port is done. That would be clutch

RE: Recalbox - fdeschape - 02-01-2016

I noticed that the lakka forums have activity when it comes to the pine a64. So I believe they will be first on the scene with an image

RE: Recalbox - tllim - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 06:41 PM)fdeschape Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 04:20 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: I sent an email over asking if he would be able or willing to do a port.

I sent one earlier today including all the specs in the email. Hopefully a port is done. That would be clutch

Thanks folks.

(02-01-2016, 10:25 PM)fdeschape Wrote: I noticed that the lakka forums have activity when it comes to the pine a64. So I believe they will be first on the scene with an image

Lakka already have the Pine A64 board. Once the Linux kernel up, the porting activity will immediately rolling.

RE: Recalbox - fdeschape - 02-02-2016

(02-01-2016, 11:31 PM)tllim Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 06:41 PM)fdeschape Wrote:

Thanks folks.

(02-01-2016, 10:25 PM)fdeschape Wrote: I noticed that the lakka forums have activity when it comes to the pine a64. So I believe they will be first on the scene with an image

Lakka already have the Pine A64 board. Once the Linux kernel up, the porting activity will immediately rolling.

It will be a thing to see. The emulation should be top notch once the kernel is up.