PINE64
What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Shipment Related Discussion (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? (/showthread.php?tid=17781)

What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? - Randomuser - 01-04-2023

I just tried to make a purchase and the site didn't have the usual $12 shipping to EU option for Poland, but if I switch to Germany it is there. If I switch to Czech Republic there is no shipping option at all.

All 3 countries are in EU and are bordering each other. Cost to ship from China to Poland/Germany is pretty much the same

So what happened there? Is this a mistake that will be corrected?

I went out of my way recommending pine64 sbc boards to my various developer friends and now it seems there is viable shipping option from pine64 store to Poland anymore for cheap items. It is really disappointing.

RE: What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? - denborisevich@gmail.com - 02-27-2023

Hello, want to order soldering iron to Poland. I see only Courier Shipping Method for 30$, what doesn’t make any sense (order is less than 30$). I checked Germany and saw standard shipping method. Why I can’t choose it for Poland? Please fix it. Thanks

RE: What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? - Randomuser - 03-01-2023

It seems they are "having problems" shipping to many EU countries, when I started checking every second country had no "EU standard" option. From memory:Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Ireland... I haven't checked more. Czech has no shipping option at all. Someone on discord said "because of high bounce rate". I guess recipients didn't want to pay vat on receipt.

The solution would be to implement VOSS so VAT is charged by the shop, but if there is very little sales to all those countries (I don't see lots of complaints) then whose going to spend time implementing it for one sale per month probably... Also there is an issue of finding postal services in all those countries. Lots of work for little sales...

RE: What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? - fz_ - 06-22-2023

Yep, was trying to get my hands on some RISC-V shinies, and faced the same problem, even worse - as for now there is no shipping to Poland at all. However, shipping to Czech Republic or Germany is 12$, and all of those countries are within the same EU.

Somewhere around May there was a 12$ standard shipping option for Poland too. But now that there are items of interest to buy and ship, it's gone. So shipping options are changing over time.

RE: What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? - dachalife - 06-23-2023

There’s no problems shipping to EU countries, it’s problems with honest shipping couriers and customs.

Some services, like FedEx, like to double or triple charge customers in regards to importation/custom's fees.

RE: What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? - ashvaganda - 12-17-2023

[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Noto Sans', sans-serif, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Noto Color Emoji']It's really disheartening to see how the shipping situation is turning out for Poland and other EU countries. It feels like we're being treated like second-class customers, almost like parasites, not worthy of the same shipping options and respect as others. This inconsistency in shipping policies doesn't just affect our wallets; it impacts our trust in the company. We support these businesses, recommend their products to our friends, and yet, when it comes to basic services like shipping, we're left out in the cold. It's high time companies realize that fair and equal treatment of all customers is essential. We're not asking for special treatment, just the same opportunities and respect as everyone else.[/font]