PINE64
My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk (/showthread.php?tid=1755)

Pages: 1 2

My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - MarkHaysHarris777 - 07-14-2016

This is my favorite PI Bus pinout diagram, from the people at www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk

The pinout is oriented the same way the pins are oriented if you look at the PineA64 board with the Euler bus at the bottom and the PI bus at the top.

This pics is good because it helps keep the special functions clear by color from the general pins, and from the grounds (all eight of them).

marcus
Big Grin

EDIT:  NOTE:  GPIO04  pin(7)  cannot be used with RPi.GPIO-PineA64 with the current dts|dtb.  Pin(7) is PL10 on the pine board, which is the S_PWM, for use as the LCD backlight brightness pulse width modulation.

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - tllim - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 04:46 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: This is my favorite PI Bus pinout diagram, from the people at www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk

The pinout is oriented the same way the pins are oriented if you look at the PineA64 board with the Euler bus at the bottom and the PI bus at the top.

This pics is good because it helps keep the special functions clear by color from the general pins, and from the grounds (all eight of them).

marcus
Big Grin

Good idea. I will explore with connector vendor whether they can color code on Pine64 connector. If the response is positive, then I will seek Pine64 community for the color code scheme.

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - MarkHaysHarris777 - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 04:50 PM)tllim Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 04:46 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: This is my favorite PI Bus pinout diagram, from the people at www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk

marcus
Big Grin

Good idea. I will explore with connector vendor whether they can color code on Pine64 connector. If the response is positive, then I will seek Pine64 community for the color code scheme.

tllim, that would be great, thanks !
Shy

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - Wolfenstein - 08-15-2016

Is there a similar one for the Euler bus?

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 03:23 AM)Wolfenstein Wrote: Is there a similar one for the Euler bus?

hi Wolfenstein, not specifically like the one from spy, for the PI bus. The euler bus is a new animal for everyone. 

... although I am working on a revision for both, and I think tllim put someone to working it out for both too.  I have not heard back from him in a while on that, though.

In the mean time you probably are aware by now of the pinout diagram on the wiki for all bus connections on the PineA64/  its not color coded, but it is accurate; at least so far I have not found any errors.

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - mcrognale - 02-01-2017

marcus
Big Grin

EDIT:  NOTE:  GPIO04  pin(7)  cannot be used with RPi.GPIO-PineA64 with the current dts|dtb.  Pin(7) is PL10 on the pine board, which is the S_PWM, for use as the LCD backlight brightness pulse width modulation.
My question is, does the Pine 64 bus match the Raspberry PI 3 pin for pin? Got an idea that I can use the Pine for a Ham radio "hotspot" like the RPI 3. Thanks

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-01-2017

The PI bus on the PineA64 does match the Raspberry PI pin-for-pin;  however, it is NOT entirely compatible with the Raspberry PI in terms of peripherals ( on the market ) nor with the minor use of some pins. 

The differences are very minor and can be corrected with external components. The default pull-up ( or pull down ) resisters internal to the Raspberry PI need to be added in some cases on the PineA64 board; not a big deal.

The main pin that is problematic is GPIO(4)  PL10;  PI bus pin(7).   This pin is the LCD screen PWM back-light pin , which cannot be set(ON | OFF) as a normal PI gpio output pin;  nor can it be used as an input pin.

Otherwise,  the pins are pin-for-pin "like" the gpio bus on the Raspberry PI;  The pins can be accessed easily with Python using the RPi.GPIO-PineA64 module found on github posted by swkim01.

RPi.GPIO-PineA64

Oh, and since November, the module above linked now has i2c and SPI.

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - mcrognale - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 11:29 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The PI bus on the PineA64 does match the Raspberry PI pin-for-pin;  however, it is NOT entirely compatible with the Raspberry PI in terms of peripherals ( on the market ) nor with the minor use of some pins. 

The differences are very minor and can be corrected with external components. The default pull-up ( or pull down ) resisters internal to the Raspberry PI need to be added in some cases on the PineA64 board; not a big deal.

The main pin that is problematic is GPIO(4)  PL10;  PI bus pin(7).   This pin is the LCD screen PWM back-light pin , which cannot be set(ON | OFF) as a normal PI gpio output pin;  nor can it be used as an input pin.

Otherwise,  the pins are pin-for-pin "like" the gpio bus on the Raspberry PI;  The pins can be accessed easily with Python using the RPi.GPIO-PineA64 module found on github posted by swkim01.

RPi.GPIO-PineA64

Thank you sir, exactly what I needed. I was thinking about using my DV Mega dual band radio module, mounts directly to my PI 3, with the PINE. Doesn't look like it will due to that pin you highlighted. It was just experimenting. Thanks again.

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - martinayotte - 02-03-2017

(02-01-2017, 11:29 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: RPi.GPIO-PineA64

Yes, I did the I2C/SPI add-on and submitted a PR back on Nov 21th.

RE: My Favorite PI Bus Pinout from raspberrypi-spy.co.uk - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 10:18 AM)martinayotte Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 11:29 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: RPi.GPIO-PineA64

Yes, I did the I2C/SPI add-on and submitted a PR back on Nov 21th.

Thank you martinayotte;  everyone owes you a debt of gratitude.  There is some controversy regarding the SPI and i2c ( many are having difficulty making them work ).  I am hoping that we might work together to get a tutorial write-up for the wiki in place to help new-comers to the module get up to speed with SPI and i2c a little quicker. Again, thanks for your involvement.

note:  I am hoping to download the new version soon and play a bit with SPI myself.  In the mean time, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.