PINE64
Extremely satisfied with my PinePhone - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Extremely satisfied with my PinePhone (/showthread.php?tid=17495)

Extremely satisfied with my PinePhone - Rob_F - 10-20-2022

I have been using my PinePhone for several years now, having come from Android, and I wanted to simply thank the team for their hard work.

Specifically:
A) Thank you for not gluing this phone together. I am clumsy and have had to replace the LCD several times now.
B) Thank you for the availability of spare parts and the prompt shipping of the ones I have ordered in the past.
C) Thank you for the affordable price point. I'm not rich.

This device finally gives me a decent PDA again, after the iRevolution killed that market. I've been living with this device for years now and I cannot imagine going back to a proprietary ecosystem.

I was reluctant to post this, as it may be considered spam, but I see threads saying to avoid the company and I just wanted to report that not all of us are unhappy.

Put simply, this device rocks. I'm beyond pleased with it.

Thank you, Pine64 team.

RE: Extremely satisfied with my PinePhone - zetabeta - 10-21-2022

(10-20-2022, 03:08 PM)Rob_F Wrote: I have been using my PinePhone for several years now, having come from Android, and I wanted to simply thank the team for their hard work.

Specifically:
A) Thank you for not gluing this phone together. I am clumsy and have had to replace the LCD several times now.
B) Thank you for the availability of spare parts and the prompt shipping of the ones I have ordered in the past.
C) Thank you for the affordable price point. I'm not rich.

This device finally gives me a decent PDA again, after the iRevolution killed that market. I've been living with this device for years now and I cannot imagine going back to a proprietary ecosystem.

I was reluctant to post this, as it may be considered spam, but I see threads saying to avoid the company and I just wanted to report that not all of us are unhappy.

Put simply, this device rocks. I'm beyond pleased with it.

Thank you, Pine64 team.

i have some issues with pinephone, maybe these will be resolved.

i try to put short story and i don't remember exact details.

i think at somewhere 2020, i started to get sick of android. even though i used custom images, debloating, de-googling and unlocking started to be enough for me. still android without google is developed by google, so there is google's interest somewhere. so, i started to have plan b, which is NO SMARTPHONE. feeling was like, do i ever own a smartphone and we are in a dark world controlled by monopoly companies. somehow i end up pine site about pinephone and i was almost like, i buy as soon as possible. it was postmarketos edition (1.2a). now i see hopeful that there is other options than two near monopolies.

when i bought my first android in roughly 2012, i expected android to be more like what pinephone is now. even in that time when android asked google account, i did not feel good about it.

RE: Extremely satisfied with my PinePhone - Rob_F - 10-21-2022

(10-21-2022, 04:06 AM)zetabeta Wrote: i started to have plan b, which is NO SMARTPHONE. feeling was like, do i ever own a smartphone and we are in a dark world controlled by monopoly companies. somehow i end up pine site about pinephone and i was almost like, i buy as soon as possible. it was postmarketos edition (1.2a). now i see hopeful that there is other options than two near monopolies.

Same here. When Google started locking out SMB support, and restricting kernel modules combined with mandatory Facebook in all of the Android phones you can buy here - that was it. PinePhone time!

Thank you for posting your experience as well.