PINE64
Loud echo on receiving phone when called - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=177)
+--- Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+--- Thread: Loud echo on receiving phone when called (/showthread.php?tid=17116)

Loud echo on receiving phone when called - TheRealThor - 08-07-2022

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, my gorilla fingers broke the SIM card holder a couple of months back and I have finally had an electrical engineer sold the replacement from pinephone. The issue I'm having now and wasn't an issue before is when I call someone they have a very loud echo of themselves. I have tried every OS, I tried turning all the volumes down and I have changed a setting in Voicesomthin.conf

I'm not sure where to go from here with the trouble shooting, to me it seems when I turn all the sound controls down in the settings it help but is still quite an issue. Any help or direction will be immensely appreciated.

RE: Loud echo on receiving phone when called - tckosvic - 08-08-2022

(08-07-2022, 09:45 PM)TheRealThor Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, my gorilla fingers broke the SIM card holder a couple of months back and I have finally had an electrical engineer sold the replacement from pinephone. The issue I'm having now and wasn't an issue before is when I call someone they have a very loud echo of themselves. I have tried every OS, I tried turning all the volumes down and I have changed a setting in Voicesomthin.conf

I'm not sure where to go from here with the trouble shooting, to me it seems when I turn all the sound controls down in the settings it help but is still quite an issue. Any help or direction will be immensely appreciated.
Did you get a replacement SIM card holder from pinephone?  How did you do that? I sent the info as requested by pinephone.  I've been waiting for one from pinephone 2 months with no response.  Do you have a part number and picture of the new SIM card holder?

My PPP is useless as a phone without new SIM card holder.  

What do you mean by electrical engineer; who was he/she?  Who soldered it in for you or did you do it yourself?

Sorry about your volume problem but you, at least, can make a call.

tom kosvic

RE: Loud echo on receiving phone when called - TheRealThor - 08-09-2022

(08-08-2022, 07:47 AM)tckosvic Wrote:

Did you get a replacement SIM card holder from pinephone?  How did you do that? I sent the info as requested by pinephone.  I've been waiting for one from pinephone 2 months with no response.  Do you have a part number and picture of the new SIM card holder?

What do you mean by electrical engineer; who was he/she?  Who soldered it in for you or did you do it yourself?

tom kosvic

Hi Tom,
I messaged pinephone and told them what I did and it took about 3 weeks to get send at my expence. I had someone do the solderiing for me

RE: Loud echo on receiving phone when called - tckosvic - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 05:08 AM)TheRealThor Wrote:
(08-08-2022, 07:47 AM)tckosvic Wrote:

tom kosvic

Hi Tom,
I messaged pinephone and told them what I did and it took about 3 weeks to get send at my expence. I had someone do the solderiing for me
What address did you message to at pinephone?     thanks,     tom kosvic