PINE64
Modem turns off on suspend - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=177)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Pro Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+--- Thread: Modem turns off on suspend (/showthread.php?tid=16420)

Modem turns off on suspend - twzorek95 - 04-02-2022

I recently upgraded to Tow-boot, and installed Arch with kernel 5.17. Suspend works fantastic, however every time the phone suspends the modem turns off. That's great for power saving, but defeats the purpose of having a phone. Is there a way to prevent the modem from turning off on suspend? Running Foss firmware 0.6.1 and I did change the udev rules as specified in the documentation for the firmware on Github. I'm honestly clueless what else I can do.

RE: Modem turns off on suspend - arno_nuehm - 04-05-2022

(04-02-2022, 08:25 PM)twzorek95 Wrote: I recently upgraded to Tow-boot, and installed Arch with kernel 5.17. Suspend works fantastic, however every time the phone suspends the modem turns off. That's great for power saving, but defeats the purpose of having a phone. Is there a way to prevent the modem from turning off on suspend? Running Foss firmware 0.6.1 and I did change the udev rules as specified in the documentation for the firmware on Github. I'm honestly clueless what else I can do.

I can confirm for Mobian-FDE (Two-boot) and the 5.16 kernel.

RE: Modem turns off on suspend - Emilio - 05-05-2022

(04-05-2022, 08:21 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 08:25 PM)twzorek95 Wrote: I recently upgraded to Tow-boot, and installed Arch with kernel 5.17. Suspend works fantastic, however every time the phone suspends the modem turns off. That's great for power saving, but defeats the purpose of having a phone. Is there a way to prevent the modem from turning off on suspend? Running Foss firmware 0.6.1 and I did change the udev rules as specified in the documentation for the firmware on Github. I'm honestly clueless what else I can do.

How do you know modem is turned off?
How do you know Suspend works fantastic?

RE: Modem turns off on suspend - tckosvic - 05-05-2022

Please explain what you can confirm, i.e., does the modem turn off in suspend or stay on to answer calls in suspend using Mobian-FDE.

thanks,   tom kosvic

RE: Modem turns off on suspend - twzorek95 - 05-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 12:51 AM)Emilio Wrote:

How do you know modem is turned off?
How do you know Suspend works fantastic?

I am incredibly confident the modem is turned off because it is flagged as unavailable upon resume and calls/sms can't be received until it wakes up and reenables itself. Switching to a different system, specifically Mobian (No FDE) resolved the issue for me.

RE: Modem turns off on suspend - ertizpau - 05-06-2022

Have you seen this guide on how to Stop the modem from disappearing on suspend? https://github.com/Biktorgj/pinephone_modem_sdk/blob/honister/docs/SETTINGS.md#pinephone-pro