PINE64
Accelerometer stopped working - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+--- Thread: Accelerometer stopped working (/showthread.php?tid=16182)

Pages: 1 2

Accelerometer stopped working - victor9 - 02-28-2022

I dropped my watch today from a low hight. The step counter showed a crazy high number and now after restart the accelerometer seems to be dead. No bars when opening the page showing x,y,z. Any idea if it's fixable?

Running infinitime 1.8.0

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - victor9 - 03-01-2022

(02-28-2022, 12:14 PM)victor9 Wrote: I dropped my watch today from a low hight. The step counter showed a crazy high number and now after restart the accelerometer seems to be dead. No bars when opening the page showing x,y,z. Any idea if it's fixable?

Running infinitime 1.8.0

It went in to a boot loop last night. After a quick charge this morning it seems fine, but still not detecting the accelerometer. On the info screen it’s listed as ???.

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - fabsail - 03-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 01:29 AM)victor9 Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 12:14 PM)victor9 Wrote: I dropped my watch today from a low hight. The step counter showed a crazy high number and now after restart the accelerometer seems to be dead. No bars when opening the page showing x,y,z. Any idea if it's fixable?

Running infinitime 1.8.0

It went in to a boot loop last night. After a quick charge this morning it seems fine, but still not detecting the accelerometer. On the info screen it’s listed as ???.

I have exactly the same problem (posted in the hardware section)

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - victor9 - 03-02-2022

(03-01-2022, 01:34 PM)fabsail Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 01:29 AM)victor9 Wrote:

Running infinitime 1.8.0

I have exactly the same problem (posted in the hardware section)

I unsealed the watch and found an IC sticking to the battery. Likely a production issue.

[Image: QmSZStqmy5oGbwkQ3xpDntKENA3AuNJQem5SerdBjHYgXv]

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - nixcamic - 03-20-2022

Having the same problem here, were you able to reattach the IC?

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - victor9 - 03-21-2022

The pads look damaged so I never tried

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - smufa - 04-08-2022

Same happened to me Sad Anyone know a fix?

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - smufa - 04-08-2022

Same happened to me. Is there any way to fix it?

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - cpi - 04-21-2022

I got the same. It happened (first crazy count of steps, then dead accelerometer) on the first day. My 10 y/o kid was wearing it and she swears that she didn't drop it or gave it any hard shock...
Should we assume it is not repairable?

RE: Accelerometer stopped working - ITCactus - 04-22-2022

maybe it's make sense to open a ticket under support.pine64.org.