PINE64
Dead, dead, dead! - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Dead, dead, dead! (/showthread.php?tid=15220)

Dead, dead, dead! - vgivanovic - 10-30-2021

I have seen no sign of life of my Pinebook Pro. I've tried bypassing the battery (mains only). No sign of life. I've checked the power supply (5.25volts). Good. I've looked over the excellent User Guide, and I don't see anything that I could do that I've missed.

I've kept my Pinebook Pro hooked up to the wall charger that came with the Pinebook, and sometime in the last month or so, it became inert. It's dead, dead, dead.

What are my repair options?

Thanks.

— Vladimir
vladimir@acm.org

RE: Dead, dead, dead! - wdt - 11-01-2021

Have you tried a 'hard reset'? (press and HOLD pwr button 20+ sec, then regular 1s start press)
do you have a sd card you are sure works?.... try that
and maybe try with emmc removed (hard reset after every unsuccessful attempt)

RE: Dead, dead, dead! - vajak - 11-01-2021

Had a similar issue a few months ago: Wasn't using the Pinebook Pro at all for about half a year and it wouldn't turn on anymore.
Apparently the battery was completely depleted and trying to charge it with the barrel wall charger made no difference.

Searching this forum i stumbled over the advice to charge it overnight via USB-C only and this finally did the trick for me.

Most recent reference:  forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14157&pid=95977#pid95977.

RE: Dead, dead, dead! - vgivanovic - 11-01-2021

@wdt @vajak Thank you both for your suggestions. I'll try them and report back.

RE: Dead, dead, dead! - mburns - 02-08-2022

Think about a charging issue.

The charging cable needs the extended end for good contact. And I switched off the phone modem and cameras to allow charging while powered up.

RE: Dead, dead, dead! - tophneal - 02-08-2022

(02-08-2022, 10:41 AM)mburns Wrote: Think about a charging issue.

The charging cable needs the extended end for good contact. And I switched off the phone modem and cameras to allow charging while powered up.

This post seems to be referring to a PinePhone issue. You may want to direct it to one of the appropriate subforums.

[Solved] RE: Dead, dead, dead! - vgivanovic - 08-27-2022

(02-08-2022, 10:41 AM)mburns Wrote: Think about a charging issue.

Blush Well, this is embarrassing... It was a charging issue. I was trying to charge my Pinebook Pro with a 5V charger. Using a 19V charger charged the battery and allowed me to boot normally.

I don't recall why I thought a 5V charger would work. In my defense, removing the battery and hooking up the battery bypass did nothing which led me away from considering a charging issue. Of course, the PBP was still getting only 5.22v ...