PINE64
Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders (/showthread.php?tid=15079)

Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders - 3x5co - 10-12-2021

I recently purchased a replacement screen for my PinePhone, which works great. However, I assumed, incorrectly, that there would be an adhesive screen protector in the box, and there wasn't. So, I went on the website and ordered one. 

The default shipping for this order was by courier, and was 22 dollars (!) for a 5-dollar item. I didn't realize this until I received an email that my order was received, and the total was 27 dollars.

I quickly went back to the site and navigated to my orders, which returns a 404 page. So I responded to the email with CANCEL CANCEL in the subject line. In the email, I said I don't want to pay this exorbitant fee to have this screen protector delivered via courier.

I then sent another email stating that I would still make the order, if we could alter the shipping method. These emails went to sales@pine64.com and no one ever responded to them.

11 days went by, and just now I received another email that my order has been processed. I don't know why anyone would want to pay to have a courier bring them a screen protector, if it takes Pine64 11 days just to acknowledge the order. And since the site is broken, and since no one responds to the sales email, I have to now contact my credit card company to get this order cancelled. Chances are, I'll receive this thing anyway, at which point I suppose I'll have to send it back.

On a related note, if anyone knows of another screen protector, that fits the PinePhone, please let me know and I'll order it. I don't think I can keep ordering from Pine64 if the process is this dysfunctional.

RE: Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders - Zebulon Walton - 10-12-2021

Screen protectors for the iPhone 11 Pro Max / Xs Max or Mototorola Moto Z Play have been reported to work on the Pinephone. (That's according to past posts in this forum, I have not tried any of them myself.)

RE: Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders - 3x5co - 10-12-2021

Thanks, I ordered a 3-pack of the iPhone protectors from eBay, for about 6.40, with free shipping. I disputed the Pine64 charge on the grounds that Pine64 is violating its own cancellation policy. Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else, but like I said, be careful if you order from Pine64 because you won't be able to cancel or alter your order once it's placed.

RE: Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders - tllim - 10-12-2021

(10-12-2021, 03:58 PM)3x5co Wrote: Thanks, I ordered a 3-pack of the iPhone protectors from eBay, for about 6.40, with free shipping. I disputed the Pine64 charge on the grounds that Pine64 is violating its own cancellation policy. Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else, but like I said, be careful if you order from Pine64 because you won't be able to cancel or alter your order once it's placed.

the correct email address is sales@pine64.org

the sales@pine64.com should auto forward to sales@pine64.org and may be not working.

RE: Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders - 3x5co - 10-13-2021

Alright, well the emails from the store come from sales@pine64.com. I just forwarded one of my emails to .org, so we'll see what happens.

If the emails need to come from sales@pine64.com, it might be worth editing the settings in WooCommerce so that there's a .org email in the footer, or change the 'reply-to' header to .org.

RE: Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders - 3x5co - 01-10-2023

I have an update: today, I went to buy a replacement LCD screen. As soon as I committed the order, I got a receipt email and saw that it defaulted to courier shipping, which was an extra 24 dollars. So I replied to the receipt, which is now correctly going to sales@pine64.org. I told them I want to cancel the order because of the shipping.

Pine64 replied almost immediately, told me it would be a 5% cancellation fee (fair), and asked if I wanted them to redo the order with cheaper shipping. I told them no, just cancel, and they did. I just got my refund and it was really easy.

So whatever breakdown was happening before with changing or cancelling orders seems to have been totally resolved. Thanks Pine64!