PINE64
Is shipping@pine email pointless? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Shipment Related Discussion (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Is shipping@pine email pointless? (/showthread.php?tid=1504)

Is shipping@pine email pointless? - montero65 - 06-24-2016

Just curious if anyone has had any luck contacting the shipping@pine64 email lately.  The last time I emailed, I got an auto reply that it would take 7-9 days before they answered me.  That was May 25th.  And then nothing since then.  I finally reached out to TL on the forums here, and he responded pretty quickly to get my stuff sorted.  Unfortunately, once I received my shipment, I was still missing a few items.  I've tried to reach out to TL again, but I imagine he's very busy trying to sort out everyone asking him to follow up on their orders.  I have also sent an email to shipping, but I don't know if that will go anywhere.

What I want to know is, has anyone tried to email shipping (or support or anything) @Pine recently and actually gotten a response?  If you got a response, what kind of timing was it?  Days?  Weeks?  Was the response any help at all?  Or have you all gotten nowhere, and just post to the forum asking TL to check for you instead?  I'm just curious if the @Pine emails even serve a purpose anymore, or if everyone has turned to TL instead.  With the amount that TL has been handling, I'd like to think their "back log" of emails will be quickly dwindling, but I still never heard anything from my email a month ago.

RE: Is shipping@pine email pointless? - RobCole - 06-24-2016

No. I have been trying to get an answer for more than a month now. I did get one message that said the information would be sent on to someone else. Then nothing. So far I have gotten one board and nothing else. Still a lot of stuff to go.

RE: Is shipping@pine email pointless? - RichT - 06-26-2016

I've been waiting on a response from shipping@pine.com since May 10th. The best way to get any answer out of Pine, it seems, is to make a pain of yourself in the forums and eventually they'll answer you here. (Or email support@pine.com asking for a refund – they'll reply quite quickly to say no.)

RE: Is shipping@pine email pointless? - montero65 - 06-28-2016

I have found the same. I sent another email to shipping@pine last week with no response, not even the automated "7-9 days due to heavy volume" response. I did get a response from TL after sending him a PM again. So it seems that TL is the best way to get things done, but I feel bad piling on the requests for him as he has so many. Disappointing that the shipping@pine is non-responsive. I feel they should be handling all the requests that TL is cranking through, but have left it to him it seems.

So TL, keep up the awesome work, we all appreciate your efforts.

RE: Is shipping@pine email pointless? - Ghost - 06-28-2016

(06-28-2016, 08:51 AM)montero65 Wrote: I have found the same.  I sent another email to shipping@pine last week with no response, not even the automated "7-9 days due to heavy volume" response.  I did get a response from TL after sending him a PM again.  So it seems that TL is the best way to get things done, but I feel bad piling on the requests for him as he has so many.  Disappointing that the shipping@pine is non-responsive.  I feel they should be handling all the requests that TL is cranking through, but have left it to him it seems.

So TL, keep up the awesome work, we all appreciate your efforts.

I second this. TL Lim seems to have gotten the short end of the wedge somehow. Responding to requests for shipping info should be being done by the appropriate team, not one guy here on the forums. 

If shipping don't want to respond to emails, then come here to the forums and help TL out.

RE: Is shipping@pine email pointless? - DonFL - 06-28-2016

I sent multiple emails to shipping, sales, and support, even did it from a couple emails addresses, thinking maybe one was getting caught in a spam filter.

I finally sent one, adding "press@pine64", along with the other email addresses, and that finally got a response, along with resolution to my issue. Coincidence? I have no clue. Might have just been I got lucky.

Honestly, I think its a crap shoot as far as a response. You've got a small group of people who saw success beyond their wildest imagination, to the tune of 1.7 million dollars, and thought they could handle shipping and logistics on their own. They're overwhelmed, and won't take the necessary steps to fix things.

What's really sad is, by now, they should know they can't handle the order processing side of the house...and they should have taken steps to outsource this mess to someone who could clean it up for them.

It continues to amaze me they are willing to risk the success of their product hoping people will just be patient. The problem is, its obvious its not just slow shipment, they truly do not appear to have a handle on order fulfillment and whats going on.

And before someone says "but..but..but..its a kickstarter, so they deserve a break...", the issues also involve shipments from the store, so that tosses the "but its a kickstarter issue" excuse right out the window.

RE: Is shipping@pine email pointless? - montero65 - 06-29-2016

Well said, Don. It does seem like with as long as this has been an issue, they should have at some point tried to get some outside help to get their stuff on track. Whether it's hiring someone in to manage it, or outsourcing, it is very obvious the company cannot handle it. If they hope the company will continue to be successful, they are going to need to sort this out.

RE: Is shipping@pine email pointless? - DonFL - 06-29-2016

I just placed another store order for a couple more boards and a pile of other items, the banner currently says mid-July to ship.

I can't say I have a high degree of confidence that anything will ship before EOM July, but maybe I'll get a pleasant surprise.