PINE64
Which interface was pre-installed on the PinePhone CE: Manjaro? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Which interface was pre-installed on the PinePhone CE: Manjaro? (/showthread.php?tid=14576)

Which interface was pre-installed on the PinePhone CE: Manjaro? - amosbatto - 08-03-2021

I noticed on the Wikipedia page for the PinePhone, that there is some dispute over whether the PinePhone Community Edition: Manjaro had Phosh or Plasma Mobile preinstalled. The problem is that neither of the press releases by PINE64 and Manjaro say which interface was pre-installed. I can find one review on YouTube of that model which shows it running Phosh, but I don't know whether the reviewer installed Phosh or not.

Did anyone here buy that model and which interface did it have preinstalled?

RE: Which interface was pre-installed on the PinePhone CE: Manjaro? - kqlnut - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 10:54 AM)amosbatto Wrote: I noticed on the Wikipedia page for the PinePhone, that there is some dispute over whether the PinePhone Community Edition: Manjaro had Phosh or Plasma Mobile preinstalled. The problem is that neither of the press releases by PINE64 and Manjaro say which interface was pre-installed. I can find one review on YouTube of that model which shows it running Phosh, but I don't know whether the reviewer installed Phosh or not.

It was Phosh. Beta 1 or 2 I believe.

RE: Which interface was pre-installed on the PinePhone CE: Manjaro? - amosbatto - 08-07-2021

Thanks, kqlnut. I thought that it was Phosh, since I found two video reviews of the model with Phosh, but I wanted to make sure before I edited the Wikipedia page.

RE: Which interface was pre-installed on the PinePhone CE: Manjaro? - tllim - 08-09-2021

(08-03-2021, 10:54 AM)amosbatto Wrote: I noticed on the Wikipedia page for the PinePhone, that there is some dispute over whether the PinePhone Community Edition: Manjaro had Phosh or Plasma Mobile preinstalled. The problem is that neither of the press releases by PINE64 and Manjaro say which interface was pre-installed. I can find one review on YouTube of that model which shows it running Phosh, but I don't know whether the reviewer installed Phosh or not.

The Manjaro Community Edition PinePhone preinstall with Manjaro OS and Phosh UI.

The Beta Edition preinstall with Manjaro OS with KDE Plasma Mobile UI.

RE: Which interface was pre-installed on the PinePhone CE: Manjaro? - marcih - 08-17-2021

As tllim said, the Manjaro CE came pre-installed with Manjaro with the Phosh UI. Here is the actual image available for download ("Manjaro-ARM-phosh-pinephone-factory-20201018", the other one is a factory test image). Some phones were accidentally shipped with postmarketOS instead of Manjaro, see the announcement.