PINE64
My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN (/showthread.php?tid=1433)

My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - MarkHaysHarris777 - 06-18-2016

Good morning from Rochester MN...

... this is my desk at the moment. SoC is a beautiful 40c with a sold 3v2 and fluctuating 4v86.

The 5v supply is a bit of a mystery. W/ usb receiver, fan, and LED lab running 4v86... with the fan and receiver unplugged 4v5-4v72 / short time after plugging the fan and receiver back in then 4v86 !

I'm using an older 2A PSU from my PI, so will report back when the new supply arrives.

marcus

RE: My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - MarkHaysHarris777 - 06-18-2016

The 5v 2.5A switching supply is working much better !

... 5v02 with everything running. This board (PineA64) has all of the same power and heat problems the RPi 3B is experiencing also; not complaining, it is what it is. There does need to be a sharp distinction made between a 'charger' , a wall wart , and a real PSU for these small computers ( especially as they are working faster ).

RE: My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - Ghost - 06-18-2016

Hi Marcus,

I enjoy reading your posts, if for nothing else than to see your big beard.

Seriously though, it's good to see some positive posts like yours.

RE: My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - MarkHaysHarris777 - 06-18-2016

You betcha! Well, this is the new era of computing ... reminds me of the early days of the 8 bit SBCs (apple, vic20, atari, &c) everyone was a kitchen table programmer; it was fun... this is something very much the same! I have Arduinos, Raspberry PIs, microPython boards, and now a PineA64 board laying all over the place here... having a blast, and helping to educate a whole new generation of computer scientists ! Its fun; so, thanks for being there-- and all the best, really !

marcus

RE: My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - xalius - 06-19-2016

Good morning from Germany Tongue

[Image: hrN1WcN.jpg]

We should probably get a "Post your setup thread going...." Smile

RE: My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - MarkHaysHarris777 - 06-19-2016

guten Morgen !

Yes, I agree... good to see how people are getting on in the world (technically and otherwise !)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

RE: My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - AVL2016 - 06-19-2016

Good Morning(afternoon) from more northern Minnesota Smile All 4 boards tested booting and running, hopefully soon I get time to really start playing with them!

[Image: nvnl7d.jpg]

RE: My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN - Luke - 06-19-2016

As always, great post MarkHaysHarris777 !

I've won't be linking any photos since, for the time being, my pines are on server duty - not too terribly exciting to look at Smile