PINE64
what if problem cant be solved - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: what if problem cant be solved (/showthread.php?tid=14088)

what if problem cant be solved - rvh - 06-03-2021

My keyboard is misaligned. nobody seems to know how to fix it including pine64 now that its out of warranty. so now I have a 150 dollar paper weight. As far as i know, nobody can service the pinephone. So now i'm in a creek without a paddle.

RE: what if problem cant be solved - dsimic - 06-04-2021

Could you, please, explain a bit further the actual issue you're experiencing?

RE: what if problem cant be solved - ryo - 06-05-2021

What do you mean by "keyboard is misaligned"?
Try booting up a different OS from SD card, and see if it's correctly aligned?

RE: what if problem cant be solved - rvh - 06-05-2021

For some reason when I press the number one I get a two the letter q I get a w. To fix this problem I have installed three different os's. They all do the same. I need the one to sign into my wifi. I suspect I have a virus in my firmware but I'm not a tech guy so I don't know how to fix it.

RE: what if problem cant be solved - dsimic - 06-05-2021

There's no "hidden" firmware in the PinePhone, so you shouldn't be worried about some firmware "viruses" and such stuff.  Could the touchscreen digitizer on your PinePhone be defective?  I'd suggest that you boot the factory test image and use it to test out the digitizer on your PinePhone.

RE: what if problem cant be solved - bosi564 - 06-06-2021

Quote:For some reason when I press the number one I get a two the letter q I get a w. To fix this problem I have installed three different os's. They all do the same. I need the one to sign into my wifi. I suspect I have a virus in my firmware but I'm not a tech guy so I don't know how to fix it.
It may sound silly to be asked, but do you sometimes get the proper letters by pressing more to the left?

RE: what if problem cant be solved - rvh - 06-07-2021

(06-05-2021, 04:01 PM)dsimic Wrote: There's no "hidden" firmware in the PinePhone, so you shouldn't be worried about some firmware "viruses" and such stuff.  Could the touchscreen digitizer on your PinePhone be defective?  I'd suggest that you boot the factory test image and use it to test out the digitizer on your PinePhone.
I tried the factory test. the whole left side was unresponsive. I there a fix for this or is the phone toast?

RE: what if problem cant be solved - dsimic - 06-11-2021

(06-07-2021, 11:09 AM)rvh Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 04:01 PM)dsimic Wrote: There's no "hidden" firmware in the PinePhone, so you shouldn't be worried about some firmware "viruses" and such stuff.  Could the touchscreen digitizer on your PinePhone be defective?  I'd suggest that you boot the factory test image and use it to test out the digitizer on your PinePhone.

I tried the factory test. the whole left side was unresponsive. I there a fix for this or is the phone toast?

Based on that, it's safe to conclude that the touchscreen digitizer is defective.  I'd suggest that you open a ticket with the Pine64 support, and ask them for an advice; they might offer to send you a replacement screen.