PINE64
Alarm app available that wakes the phone - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+--- Thread: Alarm app available that wakes the phone (/showthread.php?tid=12738)

Pages: 1 2

Alarm app available that wakes the phone - pothos - 01-08-2021

Since alarms set up with GNOME Clocks can't yet wake up the device from suspend, I wrote a small alarm app exploring how to set up systemd timers that wake up the system through the interal RTC device.

For now there is just one alarm available and not recurring but this is just an UI issue, not a limitation of the systemd timers.

You can install it through "make install" on any OS that has systemd or, for Mobian, use the binary packages linked in the README: 

https://gitlab.gnome.org/kailueke/wake-mobile

Eventually GNOME Clocks will be able to wake the device, too, but this is still in development and requires an approach of making the necessary Linux capabilities available to regular users.
I worked around this limitation in my app by using a setuid binary that can only write out a drop-in unit file for the systemd timer.

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - marcih - 01-18-2021

Cool stuff! I need to wake up earlier tomorrow, maybe I should test how reliable it is... Tongue

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - hex - 02-02-2021

Nice work.

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - dukla2000 - 02-05-2021

(01-08-2021, 04:32 PM)pothos Wrote: ...

You can install it through "make install" on any OS that has systemd ...

On (up to date Arch) I can make install fine (after installing gcc and make).

At runtime I have the psutil challenge and can't find a suitable Arch package to resolve; I tried both psutils and python2-psutil without success. Python3 is installed but there appears to be no python(3)-psutil package :-(

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - C0ffeeFreak - 02-05-2021

I installed it on Mobian. It installed with errors. "gnome package Canterbury not installed" and it won't open.

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - dukla2000 - 02-05-2021

On Mobian I installed and have it running fine from the .deb - download that and install it with apt which will resolve all the dependencies. In the directory yu download the deb
sudo apt install ./thefilename.deb

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - C0ffeeFreak - 02-05-2021

(02-05-2021, 05:44 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: On Mobian I installed and have it running fine from the .deb - download that and install it with apt which will resolve all the dependencies. In the directory yu download the deb
That's what I did. I downloaded he Mali64.deb. Should I have downloaded the ARM64.deb?

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - dukla2000 - 02-06-2021

(02-05-2021, 10:59 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 05:44 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: On Mobian I installed and have it running fine from the .deb - download that and install it with apt which will resolve all the dependencies. In the directory yu download the deb
That's what I did. I downloaded he Mali64.deb. Should I have downloaded the ARM64.deb?

You need the arm package - this one.

(To be fair I installed version 1.1-1 a while ago, so there may be problems with the current version 1.3-1 but who knows?)

ps: just removed 1.1 and installed 1.3 on my Mobian install fine. Which fails on runtime as python3-psutil needs to be manually installed and then all is well (on Mobian).

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - C0ffeeFreak - 02-13-2021

I installed the file gain. No joy. It just hangs on the Mobian wallpaper launch screen.

RE: Alarm app available that wakes the phone - dukla2000 - 02-13-2021

(02-13-2021, 03:59 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote: I installed the file gain. No joy. It just hangs on the Mobian wallpaper launch screen.

Open the terminal and type
Code:
sudo apt install python3-psutil