PINE64
unable to make or receive calls - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: unable to make or receive calls (/showthread.php?tid=12559)

unable to make or receive calls - jba32409 - 12-18-2020

I just received the Pine phone Manjaro ARM and everything seems to be working great but I cannot make or receive calls.
I installed Ubuntu Touch and that even worked better but still unable to receive or make calls.

I've notice the carrier will detect 311480 not sure why this is. I'm in Hawaii.
a few times it will show Verizon but just briefly then goes back to 311480
If I change it to 3g or 2g i get nothing at all.
I have tried every setting i can find and still no go.
Verizon said it is connected and should be fine.
i should just dial *73 but this just fails also.

if I call the number it just goes right in to the mail box has not been setup yet.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

RE: unable to make or receive calls - rocket2nfinity - 12-19-2020

(12-18-2020, 11:45 PM)jba32409 Wrote: I just received the Pine phone Manjaro ARM and everything seems to be working great but I cannot make or receive calls.
I installed Ubuntu Touch and that even worked better but still unable to receive or make calls.

if I call the number it just goes right in to the mail box has not been setup yet.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks
Verizon uses 4g VoLTE only. 2g/3g will not work. 311480 is a Verizon LTE tower. Mine is on Verizon via US Mobile and connects to that. Search the forum for Verizon. There is a set up procedure you must do when using Verizon directly. On US Mobile it just works.

Also make sure you've updated your OS to current. If that doesn't work then your modem firmware may need to upgraded to current. Also in the forum. Mobian and Manjaro phosh works with Verizon. Ubuntu Touch will not because of an unresolved Ofono problem.

RE: unable to make or receive calls - jba32409 - 12-21-2020

(12-19-2020, 01:48 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 11:45 PM)jba32409 Wrote: I just received the Pine phone Manjaro ARM and everything seems to be working great but I cannot make or receive calls.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks
Verizon uses 4g VoLTE only. 2g/3g will not work. 311480 is a Verizon LTE tower. Mine is on Verizon via US Mobile and connects to that. Search the forum for Verizon. There is a set up procedure you must do when using Verizon directly. On US Mobile it just works.

Also make sure you've updated your OS to current. If that doesn't work then your modem firmware may need to upgraded to current. Also in the forum. Mobian and Manjaro phosh works with Verizon. Ubuntu Touch will not because of an unresolved Ofono problem.
Thanks for the Info.

I did install several distros without success. Ubunto , PostmarketOS, and back to Manjaro ARM. I did talk to Verizon again, they seem to think everything was setup correctly. And the trouble is with the CDMA, he said they will get back to me in about five days. However they did do something, due to I am running the default Manfaro-Arm with GNOME 3.38.2 and checked for updates. Now I at least get the internet. still no Voice or texts. 

But I'm hopeful.

Thanks again.

RE: unable to make or receive calls - rocket2nfinity - 12-22-2020

(12-21-2020, 04:22 PM)jba32409 Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 01:48 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Thanks for the Info.

I did install several distros without success. Ubunto , PostmarketOS, and back to Manjaro ARM. I did talk to Verizon again, they seem to think everything was setup correctly. And the trouble is with the CDMA, he said they will get back to me in about five days. However they did do something, due to I am running the default Manfaro-Arm with GNOME 3.38.2 and checked for updates. Now I at least get the internet. still no Voice or texts. 

But I'm hopeful.

Thanks again.
Can't remember the exact command, but there is a setting you must apply to turn VoLTE on with Verizon. It's in the Mobile Carriers In The United States thread

You must also make sure you're set to 4G, and you have the APN set correctly. Click through the APNs and restart. One will turn on phone calls, another just data, and another both. That's the way it is on mine, but I'm on a Verizon MVNO