PINE64
Broken standoff on acrylic case - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Enclosures (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Broken standoff on acrylic case (/showthread.php?tid=1235)

Broken standoff on acrylic case - RonRN18 - 06-01-2016

I just received my backer kit that came with the open acrylic case. One of the four standoffs or supports for the board was broken off, leaving a divet in the acrylic. I'm not really sold on this particular case, I would prefer a completely enclosed case obscuring the board from vision, but this is what was offered in my kit. I know many people like to show off their "creations" but I'm a bit more humble and prefer the black box of mystery. I'm not sure if there is any broken item replacements in a Kickstarter project, nor am I wanting this as my "forever" case for my device. Any ideas or advice? 

BTW, I haven't actually installed the OS on my device... just putting it together at this time but should be attempting that in the next hour or so.

[Image: AcrylicCase.jpg]

RE: Broken standoff on acrylic case - tllim - 06-01-2016

(06-01-2016, 08:58 PM)RonRN18 Wrote: I just received my backer kit that came with the open acrylic case. One of the four standoffs or supports for the board was broken off, leaving a divet in the acrylic. I'm not really sold on this particular case, I would prefer a completely enclosed case obscuring the board from vision, but this is what was offered in my kit. I know many people like to show off their "creations" but I'm a bit more humble and prefer the black box of mystery. I'm not sure if there is any broken item replacements in a Kickstarter project, nor am I wanting this as my "forever" case for my device. Any ideas or advice? 

BTW, I haven't actually installed the OS on my device... just putting it together at this time but should be attempting that in the next hour or so.

Sorry on the broken case. Please PM your name, address, and phone number (for shipping purpose), I will ask shipping department to ship out a new case to you.

RE: Broken standoff on acrylic case - jtgiroux - 07-04-2016

(06-01-2016, 10:01 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 08:58 PM)RonRN18 Wrote: I just received my backer kit that came with the open acrylic case. One of the four standoffs or supports for the board was broken off, leaving a divet in the acrylic. I'm not really sold on this particular case, I would prefer a completely enclosed case obscuring the board from vision, but this is what was offered in my kit. I know many people like to show off their "creations" but I'm a bit more humble and prefer the black box of mystery. I'm not sure if there is any broken item replacements in a Kickstarter project, nor am I wanting this as my "forever" case for my device. Any ideas or advice? 

Sorry on the broken case. Please PM your name, address, and phone number (for shipping purpose), I will ask shipping department to ship out a new case to you.

I received one with a broken standoff also.

RE: Broken standoff on acrylic case - RonRN18 - 07-04-2016

(07-04-2016, 12:02 PM)jtgiroux Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 10:01 PM)tllim Wrote:

I received one with a broken standoff also.

I received my replacement case last week.

RE: Broken standoff on acrylic case - tomarneson - 07-14-2016

My case arrived this week. One of the standoff's was broken on it too. I used super glue to reattach it.