PINE64
Pinetime BLE oddness? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PineTime (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+--- Thread: Pinetime BLE oddness? (/showthread.php?tid=11781)

Pinetime BLE oddness? - pjsf - 10-10-2020

Just got my pinetime with infinitime and trying to update firmware to the latest version. I've loaded nrf connect onto my only (fairly up to date) android device but it can't see the pine time, neither in nrf connect or the devices bluetooth settings, there are plenty of other devices visible but none match the  pinetime's mac address. I can see and pair with the pinetime from my linux desktop, my PBP and my pinephone, but apparently there's no way of accessing the services from free software. Is there any type of characteristic of android device I need to use (the one I'm using is a very recent android 'go'). Does anyone know if an original Pinebook running android 7 (I think) would work?

RE: Pinetime BLE oddness? - thethoughtpolice - 10-10-2020

(10-10-2020, 05:08 PM)pjsf Wrote: Just got my pinetime with infinitime and trying to update firmware to the latest version. I've loaded nrf connect onto my only (fairly up to date) android device but it can't see the pine time, neither in nrf connect or the devices bluetooth settings, there are plenty of other devices visible but none match the  pinetime's mac address. I can see and pair with the pinetime from my linux desktop, my PBP and my pinephone, but apparently there's no way of accessing the services from free software. Is there any type of characteristic of android device I need to use (the one I'm using is a very recent android 'go'). Does anyone know if an original Pinebook running android 7 (I think) would work?
Are you using the "Scanner" tab? Sometimes it pops over to bonded.

RE: Pinetime BLE oddness? - pjsf - 10-12-2020

(10-10-2020, 06:14 PM)thethoughtpolice Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 05:08 PM)pjsf Wrote: Just got my pinetime with infinitime and trying to update firmware to the latest version. I've loaded nrf connect onto my only (fairly up to date) android device but it can't see the pine time, neither in nrf connect or the devices bluetooth settings, there are plenty of other devices visible but none match the  pinetime's mac address. I can see and pair with the pinetime from my linux desktop, my PBP and my pinephone, but apparently there's no way of accessing the services from free software. Is there any type of characteristic of android device I need to use (the one I'm using is a very recent android 'go'). Does anyone know if an original Pinebook running android 7 (I think) would work?
Are you using the "Scanner" tab?  Sometimes it pops over to bonded.
Yeah, I was on the right tab and could see lots of other devices, problem sorted itself out this morning when the pinetime rebooted itself and suddenly appeared as visible to android. So it's working and I've no idea why it wasn't.