PINE64
Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? (/showthread.php?tid=11478)

Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - Paulie420 - 09-16-2020

It looks like theres a thin piece of plastic covering my trackpad on the PineBook Pro... is that supposed to come off?

I've left it alone and its just collecting dust and I *think* makes the clicks a little weird. I know its a dumb question, and I could just rip it off - but figured I could ask a question that most every user can answer. Tongue I'll give you good + too. yay!

Digging the PBP so far, it is awesome for the machine that it is.

pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
/s

RE: Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - as400 - 09-16-2020

Hehe. Rip it off. Don't be brutal tho Smile

RE: Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - Paulie420 - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 10:41 AM)as400 Wrote: Hehe. Rip it off. Don't be brutal tho Smile

Lol, I knew this had to be the answer - I just didn't want to doso without question.

It seems these laptops, while IMO nicely made hardware, are a little finicky and/or have tolerances that are very tight to make the form factor... Anway, I didn't know if maybe the plastic protective film was production or supposed to be permanent.

In fact, while I think the trackpad is the weak point on the entire laptop, if you just get used to taps instead of pressing the entire mechanism down for a click it seems to operate a little nicer. I'm really impressed with build quality so far, only 1 day in...

Thanks for the reply, none the less. Tongue Are you from the United States?

pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
/s

RE: Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - KC9UDX - 09-16-2020

I found the texture of the protective plastic nicer than the actual trackpad surface.

RE: Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - as400 - 09-16-2020

@Paulie420 - no, I'm not from the US. Why are you asking ?

BTW - don't forget to upgrade keyboard and trackpad firmware. It'll get trackpad behaviour a little better.

RE: Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - Paulie420 - 09-17-2020

(09-16-2020, 11:28 PM)as400 Wrote: @Paulie420 - no, I'm not from the US. Why are you asking ?

BTW - don't forget to upgrade keyboard and trackpad firmware. It'll get trackpad behaviour a little better.
I just wondered what state that charcter was from in your avatar. Tongue

I've read some issues about keyboard & trackpad upgrade, but I will read the wiki on it ASAP. Thanks...

RE: Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - as400 - 09-17-2020

My avatar is from French cartoon series - "Il était une fois… la vie".

It was great BTW.

RE: Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? - KC9UDX - 09-17-2020

My favourite French cartoon is a Citroën advertisement. Had a fish and a balloon if memory serves.